PDA

View Full Version : Droid X cases

infomama
09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
What's the dilleo with Otterbox and the X cases?? 'm done waiting on these guys. DH got the Body Glove snap case and it's fine I suppose. What has everyone gotten for their X's??

BillK
09-29-2010, 08:49 AM
So far I've had the VZW silicone case, VZW snap-on with holster, Best Buy Rocketfish, Seidio Innocase Surface and Seidio Rugged.

I'm still waiting on the Otterbox Defender. But right now I'm using the Seidio Rugged (which is actually the Innocase Surface wrapped in a silicone case that is held on by a hard plastic exoskeleton).

infomama
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Cool. I'm liking the rugged. Best Buy carry that one?

BillK
09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
no they don't. www.seidioonline.com (http://www.seidioonline.com) only

I'm not 100% sold on it - having had a Otterbox Defender for my iPhone I can say the build quality is much better with the Otterbox stuff - but the Rugged isn't too bad - as long as you don't mind the fact it makes the phone as big as a freakin' Taser. :p

pastrygirl
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
I just have the glossy silicone one from Verizon; it's fine. My husband has the Innocase and I don't like it because the bottom part makes it hard to press the physical buttons.

BillK
09-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I just have the glossy silicone one from Verizon; it's fine. My husband has the Innocase and I don't like it because the bottom part makes it hard to press the physical buttons.
That bugged me at first too but you get used to it. Adding the Rugged makes it even worse btw....but again - you get used to it. What I'm having a problem with with the Rugged is pulling down the notification bar at the top - it's a bitch with the Rugged case on.

pastrygirl
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM
That bugged me at first too but you get used to it. Adding the Rugged makes it even worse btw....but again - you get used to it. What I'm having a problem with with the Rugged is pulling down the notification bar at the top - it's a bitch with the Rugged case on.I reassigned my home button to pull down the notification bar. I rarely pull it down by swiping anymore. I think it might be a LauncherPro function, though.

BillK
09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
I reassigned my home button to pull down the notification bar. I rarely pull it down by swiping anymore. I think it might be a LauncherPro function, though.
Good idea! Thanks!

kboyle
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
i'm waiting on the seidio active...it got released today, but i think only in blk...i want purple, lol.

as much as i want an otterbox, i really dont. i really liked the incipio case i had that was 2 pc like the active, but they don't have it for DX :(

BillK
10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Check out the Droid X Active's on Amazon.com - they're slightly different - I actually prefer the design over the ones Seidio is selling themselves.

Seidio did a similar deal with Amazon for the HTC EVO Active cases.

kboyle
10-05-2010, 05:04 PM
hmmm...amazon only has blk or maroon...i might be able to deal with maroon... what's the difference