PDA

View Full Version : Do you wrap presents for Christmas Stockings?

wimama
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I was just wondering if everyone else wraps present they are planning on using as stocking stuffers.

I wrap some presents and not others like small tiny things and candy.

SpaceGal
09-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I wrap everything because I like wrapping.

Raidra
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
If there's something like a book or a DVD going in, I'll wrap it. But most things that go into the stockings are not easily wrapped, and I figure the stocking is like a wrapping.

crl
09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't wrap anything that goes in a stocking, not only because that is what the stocking for, but also because stocking stuffers are from Santa and Santa doesn't wrap anything!

Catherine

Seitvonzu
09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
curling ribbon, baby, curling ribbon!!!! (i have an unnatural addiction to curling ribbon and stocking stuffers just arent' the same if they aren't tied with it!!!)

BabyMine
09-28-2010, 11:22 PM
I wrap everything because I like wrapping.

:yeahthat: Unless it's candy.

rlu
09-29-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't wrap anything that goes in a stocking, not only because that is what the stocking for, but also because stocking stuffers are from Santa and Santa doesn't wrap anything!

Catherine

Same in our household (and my folks).

citymama
09-29-2010, 03:50 AM
We wrap because it extends the surprise element a little longer (she looks at things one at a time) and DD hasn't figured out yet that Santa doesn't wrap! We make sure to use different paper. Don't wrap the smaller things like candy or the orange that always goes in the heel of the stocking.

ourbabygirl
09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
I only wrap something if it sticks out of the stocking (like a book or toy that doesn't fit all the way in). :)

Melaine
09-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Usually I wrap a couple items. I love wrapping, so I figure a little pretty paper won't hurt anything.

khalloc
09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't. but my husbands family always does. So my husband tends to. I think its annoying!

wendmatt
09-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Everything gets wrapped, DD loves opening the wrapped gifts so I wrap everything in hers and DHs stockings. It was an adjustment for him coz he never wrapped anything in the stocking but now I insist he wrap mine too! Interesting to see hardly anyone does wrap, wonder if it's a national thing (I grew up in UK and stocking gifts were wrapped)

boogiemomz
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Catherine

:yeahthat: Stuff under the tree gets wrapped with For/From tags, then Santa fills stockings and leaves his gifts grouped and unwrapped for each person.

fivi2
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
:yeahthat: Stuff under the tree gets wrapped with For/From tags, then Santa fills stockings and leaves his gifts grouped and unwrapped for each person.

This is how we do it also.

wimama
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I am glad to see I am not the only one wrapping stuff for the stocking.:)

I will likely continue to do a mix of unwrapped and wrapped. No wrapping candy, sometimes don't wrap tiny presents and sometimes I like something eye catching and unwrapped sticking out of the stocking like a candy cane or a little stuffed toy.

I always wondered what every one else did for stockings as far as wrapping, especially when I was wrapping those little stocking stuffers.

BabbyO
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM

Catherine

:yeahthat:
Not only do we not wrap anything in the stocking because Santa fills the stockings....We UN-WRAP everything. As in, it comes out of its packaging because Santa makes all the toys in his workshop. He doesn't put the packaging from the store on his toys.

happy2bamom
09-29-2010, 02:44 PM
I wrap everything b/c I love opening presents, so I assume that my DC love that process too. It just adds to the excitement for me.

crl
09-29-2010, 04:24 PM
:yeahthat:
Not only do we not wrap anything in the stocking because Santa fills the stockings....We UN-WRAP everything. As in, it comes out of its packaging because Santa makes all the toys in his workshop. He doesn't put the packaging from the store on his toys.

Oh yeah, that too!

Catherine

boltfam
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I wrap anything unless it's an unusual shape and would just be too much effort to wrap.

Ceepa
09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
If it were to stick out I'd wrap but I ususally select stocking items with fit in mind.