PDA

View Full Version : Complicated DW trip--how would you book?

suzi
09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Planning a last minute trip to WDW in 3 weeks. I'll go with my kids on Wednesday. My sister will drive in Thursday to spend the day with us and use her left over park ticket. DH will arrive Friday morning. I hoped to stay at the AK Lodge and get a dining plan, but may not be able to do this just for me & the kids. I don't think my sister and DH can split one. Travel agent made it seem like they would not be able to get in the extra magic hours either. Any advice? Would you book a package through Disney or just get room, tix and meals a la carte?

egoldber
09-29-2010, 07:54 AM
I think the only way to get the DDP for just you and the kids and then for you and the kids + DH is to do two separate reservations. If you get the DDP then it has to be for everyone in your room. But that will be a big hassle and probably cost you money because the tickets are more expensive for the first 3 days than they are for 4+ days.

I would do a la carte, but that is what we always do anyway. :)

Momof3Labs
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
I'd do a la carte. It will be easier, plus I suspect that there won't be much to pick from in terms of dining reservations at this late stage. The dining plan is definitely not a deal if you can't get into the restaurants you want at the times you want!

suzi
10-01-2010, 01:43 AM
I got an initial quote and info from Small World Vacations but response time was kind of slow and my situation didn't sound encouraging. Booked through a Disney phone agent who was extraordinarily helpful. I did get the dining plan since we can use DH's extra credits to cover the Hoop Dee Doo Review and/or a signature restaurant. The difference in a 2 day vs 5 day park pass for him was ~$14! We'll pay that and consider making his ticket non-expiring. She said my sister's 1 day stay is not a big deal and she can get a key upon arrival to allow her access to extra magical hours with us. Checking out dining online now. A lot is booked, but we'll enjoy what we can get!