PDA

View Full Version : Wow, is this normal Barbie doll behavior?

gatorsmom
09-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Last month I was without kids at Target and did some early Xmas shopping. I am a HUGE lover of Barbie dolls and can't wait to play with them with Sisi. I saw the new Holiday Barbie in her beautiful dress and decided I would start buying them for her. It might be a little early, she's still pretty young, but I can't wait to play with these with her! The Holiday Barbies weren't around when I was little so this is all new to me. So, I bought her one.

Well, I was back at Target last week and noticed they are all gone. There wasn't even a place on the shelf where they were going to restock. Target just filled up that space with a totally new collection of Barbies.

Is it normal for the Holiday Barbies to sell out so quickly? If so, I'm going to have to remember to shop really early for them next year!

stillplayswithbarbies
09-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes that is normal. You have to buy the Holiday Barbie when it comes out in June/July.

I have them all, except the very first from 1988.

Some years, you may be able to find it again later, but if you do see it, snatch it up right away. I think sometimes they get returns.

You can't really take her out of the box and play with her. She's set up in there pretty tightly so that she displays well, and her hair will be stiff with glue. She's just for looks. There is usually a play line holiday Barbie that is cute. Drugstores and grocery stores will get her, and sometimes Walmart and Target. She is usually in a casual outfit that is holiday themed and has some accessories like an animal or cookies and mug or something like that.

gatorsmom
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM
It's good to know that I need to buy them ahead. I saw last year's doll on Amazon yesterday for $5 more than this year's Holiday Barbie. I grabbed that one right away.

As for not playing with her, oh, well. I guess this will give me an excuse to buy her the play line Holiday Barbie. :D

I am really, really hoping that Sisi likes Barbies. It would be sad if I had to play with them all by myself. ;)