PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Question

emschwar
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Anyone have one of these? We're looking for a new rewards card, and a disney trip is in the future (a couple years out), so I thought it might be a possibility.

What are the rewards? The website is rather vague on the subject, saying "Once enrolled, your rewards disclosure will be sent to you containing all program guidelines restrictions and benefits." I don't really want to sign up for a card if I don't know what I'm going to earn!

alien_host
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I have one, let me dig around for the benefits on-line.

Earn 1% back in Disney Rewards...which you convert to a card that can be redeemed at Disney Store, online or at Parks.
You earn 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars® on everyday purchases made with your credit card.1 So, for every $100 in qualified purchases on the card, you earn 1 Disney Dream Reward Dollar. 1 Disney Dream Reward Dollar is worth $1 when redeeming for Disney products and offerings.

10% off at disney store and online for purchase over $50 (sometimes they run an offer for 20%

You also occassionally get offers/mailers...right now it is a free accessory if you spend $50 or more on a costume.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT:
1) Character Meet 'N' Greet at our Private Cardmember
Perk: At Walt Disney World® Resort, stop by our private location�reserved just for Cardmembers�to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. Get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo, too!

2) 10% Off Select Merchandise Perk: Receive 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort

3) 20% Off Select Guided Tours4

DISNEYLAND:
Same as above plus.

4) Receive 10% off at select dining locations below:

Disneyland® Park:
Big Thunder Ranch
Rancho del Zocalo
Hungry Bear

Disney California Adventure™ Park :
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill

Disneyland® Resort Hotels during select times:
Disney's PCH Grill (11:30am—5pm)
Goofy's Kitchen (7am—2pm)
Steakhouse 55 (7am—11:30am)
Storytellers Café (11:30am—10pm)

5) Receive 10% off at select Downtown Disney® District locations

6) A special Cardmember Vacation Package that includes accommodations at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort and a 3-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket plus these extra benefits:
Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness: An Interactive Guest and Disney Character Experience
Exclusive! Disney Rewards® collectible pin, lanyard and luggage tag (one per person)
Preferred parade viewing at Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure™ Park15
Preferred seating at select attractions in Disney California Adventure™ Park
Complimentary Dreams backpack (one per package)16
Magic Morning Admission into select attractions at designated Disneyland® Resort Theme Park, valid with a 3-Day or longer Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket

cckwmh
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
we have one - and are using it for our trip in december, then we are canceling it. you get 1 point for every $100 you spend. the points are transfered to a reward card that is basically a gift card. 1 point is $1.

there are other advantages, a special meet and greet with mickey i think and a free photo. there are also discounts (10%) off disney store and certain stores in downtown disney. there are also upgrades on disney broadway shows. booking a trip with your card gets you 6 months interest free to pay for it.

my parents got one this past winter or spring and were given a $200 gift card with first purchase. there was no offers when we applied.

we are cancelling it because there are other reward cards with better reward rates.

alien_host
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Look around for offers for sure. I got a $100 Disney Gift card last year after we made our first purchase.

I got ours just before our trip. We did get the free photo (we only went to Epcot one day).

I've kept the card b/c we plan on returning to disney. I don't use it as my main card (I have another Chase card) b/c the rewards are better (get cash instead of having to spend it at Disney). I do use it at the Disney Store if I need to make a purchase etc.

I pay it off each month so the % interest rate doesn't matter to me.

emschwar
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for posting the rewards! I appreciate it (and can't believe they don't tell you what the rewards are before you sign up!)

We have a costco amex that I use for most purchases, but I need a visa/mc for the places that don't take amex.

AnnieW625
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Look around for offers for sure. I got a $100 Disney Gift card last year after we made our first purchase.

That was the offer last year too, but we opted not to get the card. We are hoping to do a Disney Cruise in the next couple of years so once it's gets closer I think we will look into getting it a year or so before just so we can rack up the points and then use them for incidentals and stuff on the cruise ship, and at WDW. I would wait for monetary gift card offer.

billysmommy
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
They also release special codes for Visa card holders (ie free dining, % off rooms) about a week before the same codes are offered to the general public.

ckso
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Definitely look around for offers. I just signed up for 1 about 2 weeks ago and got the $200 in rewards after the 1st purchase.

emschwar
09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Where do I look for the offers?

belovedgandp
09-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I've had mine forever. I was in the market for a new mc/visa when it first came out because my former company had irritated me.

I use my CostcoAmex and Discover as primary cards, but have used the Disney one as my back-up through the years. When we went to WDW in 2007 it was nice to be able to charge things to the room and use the rewards card we'd earned to pay it all off at once. So we splurged on a few things on-site.

I did like the free photo-op at Epcot.

I think when your usage goes up and down they will sometimes send codes to get you to use their card more. They'll have a month or two for 5% back at certain places if you sign up. The thresholds keep getting higher though, so it hasn't been a great deal for a while.

Octobermommy
09-30-2010, 01:57 AM
I just got an offer of $200 card for signing up. We have booked a disney vacation so that is probably where they got my info.

alleycat
09-30-2010, 09:38 AM
I just got an offer of $200 card for signing up. We have booked a disney vacation so that is probably where they got my info.

Did they send you an email or a letter? I just booked a disney vacation and in the market for a new card. Would love to get that offer. Wonder if I can call and ask if they'll give it to me.

alleycat
09-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I just called Disney Visa to see if I could get the same $200 gc deal. The guy asked me for a 4 digit code. If anyone received this offer and can give me the code (not sure if it's one time use), I would really appreciate it. Our first Disney trip is next year and this would come in really handy. Thanks!

emschwar
09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I just called Disney Visa to see if I could get the same $200 gc deal. The guy asked me for a 4 digit code. If anyone received this offer and can give me the code (not sure if it's one time use), I would really appreciate it. Our first Disney trip is next year and this would come in really handy. Thanks!

Me too! (well, except our trip is probably 2 years away, but $200 would still come in handy :))

Qzuelic
10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
A few months back we had received an offer from Disney to sign up for a card and get the $200 gift card. Our Costco Amex is our main card, but we do use the Disney cc when not possible for the Amex. Our DD is only 7 mo., but we figure by the time she is four or five, that might be a good time to take a trip to Disney. :jammin:

I am sure that I had received the offer because of my Disney rewards online account - I have entered quite a few movies. I will keep an eye out for any new codes/info that they may send.

JTsMom
10-02-2010, 08:06 AM
We signed up with a $150 gc offer a few weeks ago (came through the mail). I'm not sure what triggered that particular offer, but we get various ones pretty regularly. Disney has our name through their site, the movie clubs, previous trips, movie rewards, Disney store, etc.