PDA

View Full Version : 4 movie tickets at Groupon for $20

calv
09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm assuming this is good for anyone in the country. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Enoy...

One of today’s Groupon Deals is for 4 movie tickets for $20!! This is a Weekly Cinema deal… Weekly Cinema always runs this special, but typically a subscription is required. Today’s deal on Groupon requires NO subscription!!

Go to the Providence Groupon Page for this deal!

Upon purchasing today’s Groupon, you will have 90 days to claim the tickets at WeeklyCinema.com, after which you will have 90 additional days to redeem the tickets at either MovieTickets.com or Fandango.com. Each ticket has up to a $14 value and can be used toward any movie, including IMAX, 3-D.

For detailed instructions on how to use the Weekly Cinema tickets go HERE.

babybunny
12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
OKAY - Many of us may have purchased the Weekly Cinema groupon in September. I thought it was the perfect birthday present for my nephews. Well. My SIL tried to redeem it over the weekend, and Weekly Cinema is out of business. Apparently, Groupon refunded the original purchase price to my credit card on 11/13. I do not recall getting an email on this. I did not notice this on my statement, but Amex confirmed it for me today.

So I am a bit embarrassed that they are left holding a useless piece of paper. I obviously have to make it up to them. I would have preferred to have been more pro-active about this transaction.

I hope this helps someone.

To Groupon's credit, they were very polite over the phone about this. And they did refund my purchase over a month ago. I still feel like I have egg on my face.

DH has several movie passes we could have gifted them. I had tried to get him to keep the Groupon coupon for us and gift the movie passes to his nephews but he would not give up his passes.

weech
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I bought these as well, but they definitely emailed me when Weekly Cinema went out of business and told me about the refund. Maybe you missed the email?

It was a sweet deal because I'd already used two of the tickets, but still got a full refund.