PDA

View Full Version : Cute, fitted maternity tees that don't cost $60?

calebsmama03
09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Do they exist? I'm looking for new tees to supplement my maternity stash and came across a pic of a Juicy tee that I love love LOVE but of course it's no longer available. :(
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446233 140&site_refer=AFF001&site_refer=AFF001&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-3C5w6G_bhO3GhmeV4ISTxA

I love that it's long, ruched and fitted. I have been searching and can't find anything similar at a reasonable price (and slim pickings even at crazy prices!) Any thoughts on where to look?

SnuggleBuggles
09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Nordstrom
Target
Gap
Old Navy
Kohl's

Those are all reasonably priced places to find clothes.

BEth

calebsmama03
09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Nordstrom
Target
Gap
Old Navy
Kohl's

Those are all reasonably priced places to find clothes.

BEth

Really? I've looked at ON, Gap, and Kohl's and didn't find anything fitted like that. I just looked in store so maybe I need to try online instead? Didn't think the look at Nrodstrom. Will have to try that one. I don't think I even realized they had a maternity section!

Momof3Labs
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Congratulations!!!

With the twins, I wore non-maternity skinny tees from Costco a lot, both as layering pieces and even alone. They were stretchy enough to fit over my HUGE belly, and long enough to cover me. They went in the garbage when I was done as they were then stretched out but were cheap enough that I didn't care.

HonoluluMom
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I know Motherhood Maternity doesn't get a lot of love here, but I bought some casual clothes (tees, tank tops) from there and they were fine. Here's a cotton/modal ruched tee. There are several other ruched tees on the website.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=95194A0011&MasterCategory_Id=MC2

DrSally
09-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Congratulations!!!

With the twins, I wore non-maternity skinny tees from Costco a lot, both as layering pieces and even alone. They were stretchy enough to fit over my HUGE belly, and long enough to cover me. They went in the garbage when I was done as they were then stretched out but were cheap enough that I didn't care.

Good idea. Do these come in a package and really thin? I may have seen them and thought they looked like good layering tees (for me, nonmaternity).

I don't like Motherhood, but I did find a fitted, ruched tee there that was very cute. I also love Target for maternity. Online might have a better selection.

Momof3Labs
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Good idea. Do these come in a package and really thin? I may have seen them and thought they looked like good layering tees (for me, nonmaternity).

I don't like Motherhood, but I did find a fitted, ruched tee there that was very cute. I also love Target for maternity. Online might have a better selection.

I had some that were two to a package, and some that I bought at one of those weekend special table thingies at Costco. They were thinner (great under hoodies, even not pregnant) but not tissue thin like some of the t-shirts out there. Lands End has a bunch on overstocks right now that would probably work for OP!

calebsmama03
09-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks, Lori! :)

Will check costco for those tees. I plan to use mostly tees and tanks then layer with non maternity sweaters to avoid buying a ton of $$ maternity clothes. Much of my old stuff is not only unattractive being 5 yrs old but has weird stains that weren't there when I packed them away. All the good stuff I lent and never got back.

babychi
09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
I had luck with the Liz Lange for Target maternity line for staples like these.

kam
09-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I hate Motherhood, personally, but they do have that kind of T, and they're relatively inexpensive. One warning -- they don't wash well; I have a ton of trouble getting even minor stains out of them. I save them for around the house with DD1.

Liz Lange is a good idea!

Tondi G
09-30-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.euphoriamaternity.com/ts-capslvrib-wh.html

calebsmama03
10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I hate Motherhood, personally, but they do have that kind of T, and they're relatively inexpensive. One warning -- they don't wash well; I have a ton of trouble getting even minor stains out of them. I save them for around the house with DD1.

Liz Lange is a good idea!

See, I always hated motherhood, too. Their vanity sizing is outrageous and nothing ever fit. Apparently they are now adding a size XS starting with the fall line so maybe it will fit but still, I agree I had a ton of tees and stuff form #1 and 2 that had stains magically appear that weren't even THERE when I tossed them in the wash. LOL Cheap but if the quality is poor it doesn't matter. I'll have to tag along with MIL to Costco and see if they've got these long stretchy tees. We got rid of our membership since I ended up buying way to much when I had the freedom to go whenever. ;)

Gap is supposedly on sale today so I'm heading there after kindy drop off. I'm also considering just ordering regular size tees in TALL for a longer length to see if that works. I tend to be all baby bump (hopefully that holds true again!!!) and I just don't want to look like I'm wearing a tent (which is how most maternity fits me) - just a tee with a little gather on the side and/or extra length to stretch over the bump.

citymama
10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I loved the Gap modal/cotton fitted ruched maternity tees. They were so soft and comfy, and looked great.

For some reason, I can't find the modal/cotton tees on the website, but it looks like this. These are all-cotton:
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6053&vid=1&pid=761521&scid=761521002