PDA

View Full Version : What to buy at H&M

DrSally
09-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Planning a trip to the big mall shortly. Want to look for jeans at Nordstrom rack and ATL, Jewelry at the Limited, bras at Nordstrom. I want to stop in at H&M, but get so overwhelmed by all the stuff there, it's hard to sort through it, so I don't. Is there anything you've bought there (for yourself or the kids) that you've liked recently?

rkold
09-29-2010, 11:08 PM
I've bought the majority of my maternity wear there. lol

I love the boyfriend jeans, they're the first pair of jeans I've ever owned and wanted to wear because they're just so soft. I imagine they have those in normal sizes as well. I also adore the shirt I just bought there which I think also comes in non-maternity.

DrSally
09-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I've bought the majority of my maternity wear there. lol

I love the boyfriend jeans, they're the first pair of jeans I've ever owned and wanted to wear because they're just so soft. I imagine they have those in normal sizes as well. I also adore the shirt I just bought there which I think also comes in non-maternity.

I'll have to see if the boyfriend jeans come in petite. Do they even have petites? Usually boyfriend jeans are straight up and down though, and I need curvy.

rkold
09-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I'll have to see if the boyfriend jeans come in petite. Do they even have petites? Usually boyfriend jeans are straight up and down though, and I need curvy.

Unsure about Petites since I'm just a little too tall (and waaaay too curvy) to fit in them easily. I think there is a bit of stretch to the boyfriend jeans, at least the maternity ones, and they actually make my legs look quite thin.

SpaceGal
09-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I loved their matenrity stuff basically all my maternity stuff was from there.

I love their kids stuff...so cute and trendy hip without being outrageous. And I know most people don't like character Ts but I love theirs...it's done cool and tastefully unlike the cheesy Walmart/Target kind.

Laurel
09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Accessories! I love to get "trendy" accessories at H & M to dress up my jeans and t-shirt uniform.

DrSally
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I loved their matenrity stuff basically all my maternity stuff was from there.

I love their kids stuff...so cute and trendy hip without being outrageous. And I know most people don't like character Ts but I love theirs...it's done cool and tastefully unlike the cheesy Walmart/Target kind.

They have character tee's? DD is into anything tinkerbell at the moment.

athompson
09-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Last time I looked they had really cute applique tops for girls Ã* la Mini Boden.

SpaceGal
09-29-2010, 11:36 PM
They have character tee's? DD is into anything tinkerbell at the moment.

I haven't been there as of late...but they have a lot of Cars, Snoopy, Toy Story, superhero stuff...and random Disney characters (I found a Jungle book Baloo there)...and for girls...Hello Kitty. My guess is that Tinkerbell is popular they might have some...I'd call ahead or drop in if you are around one.

DrSally
09-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I haven't been there as of late...but they have a lot of Cars, Snoopy, Toy Story, superhero stuff...and random Disney characters (I found a Jungle book Baloo there)...and for girls...Hello Kitty. My guess is that Tinkerbell is popular they might have some...I'd call ahead or drop in if you are around one.

Thanks, I'm going to put that on my "mental list" of what to look for. I find it helps me, rather than aimless wandering.

DrSally
09-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Last time I looked they had really cute applique tops for girls Ã* la Mini Boden.

Thanks! I'll check those out too. One time, I found the cutest Chinoiserie dress for DD for $5 on sale. How often do you find something like that in a mall store?!

SpaceGal
09-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh I also like their outerwear for kids there. It's really fashion forward. And if you are lucky if it's on sale you can get a cool jacket for like $10! I do love their dresses and shirts. I don't usually shop there for me per say...like you said it's A LOT to look at...but for kids I think it's organized where I never feel to overwhelmed.

larig
09-30-2010, 12:44 AM
they have these cute boys' jeans right now (from little boys 1 yr to 7 or 8 year olds) that have a knit elastic waist. They are darling and kind of slim in the ankle. Man do they look cute on my DS (who is 2)

citymama
09-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Haven't had a chance to shop for me because I always have baby in carrier. But I've seen some cute sweaters that I'd like to try on. They have the darlingest little girl stuff for your DD. Since my DD is an animal nut, we got these owl and squirrel dresses that we LOVE. They also have some really pretty (and fairly inexpensive) sweater dresses right now - more affordable than Hanna and almost as cute. If your DD is into dress up, also check out the ballet and dress-up stuff in the back, where the tights and undies are.

ETA Be prepared for LOTS of Hello Kitty stuff in the girls' section. We don't go for character stuff, so I didn't look closely, but what I skimmed looked pretty cute. They also have some toddler girl FUGGs for $9.99! And I also find H&M a good place for stocking stuffers - cute hair clippies, coin purses, dress-up stuff, etc.

lovebebes
09-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Yes!!! Just bought two kids items there that I absolutely adore!

First is the organic cotton sweats (though just partially organic but i dont care, thats not why i chose them). They are the cutest slouchy yet fitted shape, with the bottoms being narrower so they do not ride up, and cute pockets plus comfy soft elastic waist. They were 2 for $15. They had grey,black,army green and navy.

Second is a white and navy striped long sleeve top by LOGG (is that how its spelled?). THE cutest striped fitted long sleeve that looks so Petit Bateau and like you paid $50 for it. It was 7.99 and that is its regular price.

The navy sweat pant with the striped long sleeve tee looks so unbearably cute I cant stand it. So chic but most importantly-uber soft.

WatchingThemGrow
09-30-2010, 06:36 AM
We got socks for DD and socks for me. Hers are unraveling after one use - rubber poking out already. DS1's 2pack of SS tees - light blue, navy/white stripes look pretty stretched out/beat up after a couple washes also, but maybe they're supposed to? We're not exactly fans yet, but we're going there tomorrow b/c we'll be in that mall.

ilfaith
09-30-2010, 08:44 AM
I like H&M, but keep in mind that their sizes are all over the map, especially for kid stuff. Their adult sizes run smaller than you might be used to. I'm typically a 0 or 2 (or XS) at Gap/Old Navy/Banana but I take a 4 or even at times a 6 at H&M and often find I need a medium in tops (which seem to run especially small in the bust).

sste
09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Love the boys undies - - they have the elastic totally covered in cloth. The pack of striped and plain ones looks VERY cute on - - very Euro toddler! Haven't tried girls yet.

catsnkid
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Not all the stores have maternity- I tried the NYC one and didn't like any of it.. I am a size 12 and the stuff was really small! I have gotten some cute t-shirts for DS there a few times.

DrSally
09-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Thank you for the tips. I do notice just from looking at the clothes, that they do seem to run small, so I'll keep that in mind.

DrSally
10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I went today and your suggestions helped me navigate this place. They do have some great basics. I am loving their pinkish, champaign, silk pieces. I saw a tiered, silk, champagne dress that was very cute, but way to short for me. I don't do mid-thigh. The pearl trimmed cardy was $34, so I passed on that. I did get a champagne colored cardy with black scalloped trim and 2 little bows where the pockets might be. Not sure if I'll keep it b/c I'm wondering if it looks a little "young" or too "sweet" for me, KWIM. I mean, I'm 38 yo, should I be wearing things like that?

I also got a long sleeve t-shirt that has a pink/shell shadow strip and is very fitted. Wondering if it'd look good under a hoodie/cardigan? Not sure I'll keep it b/c I don't know if I can wear it alone (so tight).