PDA

View Full Version : Lingerie Poll

dhano923
09-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Who buys lingerie for you to wear -- you or DH/SO? By lingerie I mean not your everyday pajamas, but something sexier or nicer.

dhano923
09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
The reason I ask this question is because I realized the other day that DH and I have been together for over 13 years and he has never bought me any lingerie or nice silk/satin pajamas. He says guys don't do that sort of thing. We kinda went back and forth on it, so I decided it called for a poll to see what other people are doing.

lizzywednesday
09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Another "other" ... because I'm nursing at the moment, I'm in envy of the nice lingerie I see in department stores (etc.) but don't feel comfortable wearing because I seem to be fairly prone to blebs and plugged ducts.

Pre-baby (and even pre-marriage), I would buy my own because DH gets sticker shock fairly easily.

Though, to be fair, he did buy me a purple satin corset several years ago!

edurnemk
09-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I do have some lingerie but I haven't worn it in ages. I'm too tired to plan for sex, LOL.

DH has never bought lingerie for me. He says it's a waste of money for something I'll wear for 5 minutes and that if I want to turn him on he would much more prefer to see me naked ;)

However last week we were getting a bit *romantic* and he went into the bathroom and when he came out and I was still dressed he asked why I wasn't wearing something more sexy. So I dug up on of my little silky, lacy nightgowns. Maybe he'll start buying me some now.

AnnieW625
09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I voted "Lingerie, I am suppose to have some?":rotflmao: I have some lacy Wacoal bras, and a couple of pairs of lacy panties which I have bought myself, but I don't have any other fancy lingerie. DH did buy me some when were dating but he's honestly happy with me sleeping in a tank top, and my thong underwear. I did buy some silk pjs for our honeymoon and I wore them every so often, but didn't really like them. Much more comfy in cotton, and thankfully DH didn't care:).

WolfpackMom
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
I said "other," in the past I have always bought but its been years since I have bought and probably 2 years since I have worn. Our anniversary is next week maybe I'll dust off some things from that drawer...but really, Im with Edurnemk and too tired to plan for sex, lately Im too tired for unplanned sex as well.

MelissaTC
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
I voted we take turns. Sometimes I get things, sometimes he surprises me.

BillK
09-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Damn - another FANTASTIC question/poll! It's a BANNER day 'round here! :thumbsup:

daisymommy
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I have bought a few things here and there just because I wanted something I felt sexy in, it can be a random day or it can be for Valentines or our anniversary.
But DH has bought a couple things too for a surprise. Once it was a gift card to Victoria's Secret and he took the kids for the afternoon while I went shopping and to the salon by myself. Aaahhhh.

But I honestly don't wear lingerie most of the time. That would require time and planning ahead :wink2:.

lovebebes
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
I also voted "Am I supposed to have some?" :)

Im more of a CK white cotton panties+bra lover myself. Dh does like when I wear lacy undies and bra for him and I do it every so often (not often enough haha)...Awhile ago I came across the comfiest lacy bra from VS and bought it in all three colors and thats enough for dh and i:loveeyes: Maybe when I get back in shape this time Ill go and buy some other lacy thing...

SpaceGal
09-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Ahh here's an interesting poll. Back in the days, DH would buy lingerie for me and I would buy for myself...pre-kids time. Now I try to think about it when he reminds me about wearing something sexier...so I think I've bought twice in 5 years!! Hehehehe sad but here's my thing...and maybe you ladies have insight.

I don't wear it because, maybe you can call me lazy, but it's like "wait I have to go change now" and then after "waitt I have to go change" because our kids sneak into our room at some point in the early hours of the morning and I don't feel right wearing that stuff in front of them. Granted they have seen us naked but you know...it feels wrong to be wearing like sexy lingerie in front of them.

mmommy
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I haven't read all the other responses, but here's my take:
Some guys really like lingerie, and because they're really into it, they buy it as gifts.
Other guys aren't into it, so they don't.
So, if your guy isn't into it but you are, you should buy it for yourself.
And, if your guy is into it, but you aren't (or if you aren't into the same thing) there is more of a problem.

weech
09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I used to have a thing for corsets, so I have a lot of those (bought them myself). DH has never bought me lingerie, but he knows that it's hard for me to find things I like and that are supportive enough (my g cups need a little more than a satin chemise :hysterical:)... so I think he leaves it to me in fear of buying the wrong thing!

I haven't bought anything in a while, but maybe it's time. I've been feeling less than sexy since having DS and our anniversary is coming up!

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Dh isn't turned on by it (he'd rather just see a birthday suit ;)) so it isn't even on my radar. I have a few pretty undie sets that I wear just to make things a bit nicer for me. But, I fel good with my current inventory so no shopping needed.

Beth

pinkmomagain
09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
While I wouldn't mind wearing some, I just can't imagine what I'd actually look good in. I'm not a big girl, could loose 5-10lbs, but I'm just mushy and droopy. They few times I've tried some on at VS, I've just not felt that I looked good. Maybe my standards are too high (and my boobs are too low), I dunno.

What styles look good girls? or guys?

salsah
09-30-2010, 04:53 PM
i buy it for me because i like it, makes me feel sexy. dh enjoys seeing me in it, but he prefers completely naked (no distractions), so he doesn't see any reason to spend on something that he is just going to take off of me as fast as possible. i have some things that still give him full access, so he doesn't mind my keeping those on. but he wouldn't have bought them or requested them.

shows how little his mom knows about him. she once bought crotchless panties for me!

maestramommy
09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Most of it I got from my bridal shower. However, Dh bought me a few things for bday/Christmas. Now some of my older stuff is getting holey and needs to be replaced, so I'll probably start shopping soon. :)

I didn't wear lingerie til I got married, and I was pleasantly surprised by how comfy it is. So that's all I wear now, except for the periods when I was nursing.

salsah
09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I used to have a thing for corsets, so I have a lot of those (bought them myself). DH has never bought me lingerie, but he knows that it's hard for me to find things I like and that are supportive enough (my g cups need a little more than a satin chemise :hysterical:)... so I think he leaves it to me in fear of buying the wrong thing!

I haven't bought anything in a while, but maybe it's time. I've been feeling less than sexy since having DS and our anniversary is coming up!

me too! i love corsets and was recently thinking about shopping for one (it will help hide the damage from two c-sections), but i know it will not be easy as i am a 34G. if you find something that would work for us, let me know!

edurnemk
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
shows how little his mom knows about him. she once bought crotchless panties for me!

Oh, wow, that's an awkward gift to get from your MIL. OTOH, I think it's a good thing MIL doesn't know what her son's preferences in bed are, that would be a WEIRD mother-son conversation.

JMS
09-30-2010, 08:46 PM
I haven't read any of the previous posts but will tell how it is around here :)

I buy it all. I think DH bought me a silk nightgown once, back in like 1994. I buy it for me to wear but for him to enjoy. Ironically I don't look nearly as good in it as I did in 1994, but I wear it a lot more often. I sometimes push the envelope and we get our thrills and our kicks ;)

hillview
09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Dh isn't turned on by it (he'd rather just see a birthday suit ;))
:yeahthat:
I've asked him and zero interest.
/hillary