PDA

View Full Version : Enviro Steamer owners who have Pergo

infomama
09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
My shark died this morning and I never was really happy with it anyway. For those of you who use the Enviro on Pergo are you happy with the results? I am pretty anal about how my floors look (I sweep twice a day and hands/knees clean about 1,000 sq feet of Pergo a week and I am done being a slave to these floors).

Thanks

LisaMom2Allie
10-01-2010, 01:53 AM
This is not an answer to your question but are you happy with the Pergo or is it a pain to keep clean? We are trying to decide between replacing our carpet(living/den/formal dining) with Pergo/or similar or hardwood.

We have a 7 1/2 year old and a 4 month old and will be adding an inside dog to the mix in March...would love your opinion!

infomama
10-01-2010, 08:22 AM
In general I love my Pergo. No worries with spills, pet accidents, crafts (paint spillage) and it works for us because DH and I have allergies. That being said it's a lot of upkeep but my house is very high traffic. We have a regular area rug and a FLOR rug.

infomama
10-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Can someone push me off this ledge. I have had this steamer in my Amazon cart for a week. Do it? Is it really that good??

lhafer
10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I have that steamer. I don't have pergo, I have ceramic tile in 90% of my house, carpet in the bedrooms, hardwood in the dining and study.

I got that steamer based off of the reviews I saw on Amazon. I thought about the Shark, but went with the Enviro instead.

Let see, IMO:
Pros:
- the steam is hotter than the Shark, so it can really sanitize
- it's a little cheaper than the shark
- it uses regular water

Cons:
- I think it's heavy and hard to push and bulky and I can't store it anywhere
- Takes a while to heat up (like 5 minutes) whereas the Shark is ready to go in like 30 seconds.
- I felt like I had to go really slowly in order for it to clean in the grooves of the tile (not the grout) - but you wouldn't have that issue with Pergo
- has a really short cord
- the swivel head didn't allow me to get around our toilets - places that i NEED to keep clean
- I don't like the pads, I think they are thin and I hate how you have to put them on the steamer, plus after washing them they kind of became deformed and shorter. It was harder to put them on the steamer.
- I had to refill it alot during cleaning. I would have to refill it 5-6 times while cleaning my 3,000 sqft house (with 90% of that being tile)
- I did have a few issues with it "dumping" water when I was trying to steam. All of a sudden there would just be a lot of water on the floor and I would have to clean it up. I am not sure why this would happen. Perhaps I overfilled it? I don't know. This would not be good for your pergo floors. After the 3rd time of this happening I started looking for another steam cleaner.

That said, I do NOT get down and clean my floors by hand. I just don't see the point. The next person who walks through with shoes gets it dirty. Way too much work for me.

I did stop using the Enviro and recently bought a Shark (at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon, so cost me ~$80). I have used it 3 times since I bought it. I LOVE that the cord is a lot longer and that I only have to refill the Shark 2-3 times for the whole house. I prefer the pads on the Shark. I do get a little streaking with the Shark, but if I cleaned my floors more often, I am sure I wouldn't have that problem. Typically I have to do a "deep cleaning" with one pad by going slowly, and it will leave streaks, but if I go back over it again quickly with a new clean pad, the streaks disappear. But since I don't pets any more, and my baby isn't crawling yet, I just hate doing it. :rotflmao:

I am not sure why you don't like the Shark. I much prefer the new Shark model over my Enviro (which is sitting in my laundry room totally unused while I figure out what to do with it). I like that my Shark model came with a duster for my wood floors, and a carpet attachment.

However - I do NOT clean my hardwood floors with a steam cleaner. Ever. I use Bona products for my wood floors. And Bona is a wonderful product! Environmentally safe for pets and kids, no harsh chemicals, and no water that can eventually lead to issues with wood floors (no matter how sealed the floors are). We had water damage in our study from the shower in our master bath that leaked through the wall and under the wood and when we had to have it replaced (luckily the house is a not a year old, and it was all covered under warranty!!). I asked the guys installing the new floor what they recommended for cleaning it. They recommended Boma.

Here's what I have:
Enviro steam cleaner: http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-313A-Enviro-Hard-Surface-Steamer/dp/B001LYFBHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1287078405&sr=8-1

Shark:http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Pro-Shark-S3501-Deluxe-Pocket/dp/B0028MB3HM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Bona products: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16319155