PDA

View Full Version : MA and spilled milk that smells rancid

HIU8
09-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Ok, DD spilled milk in her carseat. I didn't know it until the next morning the car stank. I washed the cover and it's fine. However, the grey foam piece still sort of smells (I febreezed it--wasn't sure I could do anything else). Is there anything I can do to get the smell out of the foam piece?

bubbaray
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I am a fan of disassembling the seat and hosing it off (not getting the harness wet, if possible). I take out the foam pieces (white and grey) and soak the grey ones in water to get out any stink. Let everything air dry at least overnight -- the longer you can let it air dry, the better. I am a fan of sunshine to help with smells too.

I'm pretty handy reassembling seats but I strongly encourage you to take photos of the seat specifics BEFORE you take it apart so that you get things back together correctly. It sounds like you've already taken it apart, so its too late for that.

HIU8
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh, I take the carseat apart on a regular basis. I love this seat b/c it's so easy to put back together (I sort of feel like the MA is dummy proof). I didn't know I could soak the grey foam in anything. I will do that this weekend and hose it down--can't now with the deluge of rain we had and will get again tonight.