PDA

View Full Version : Should I get packing?

nicoleandjackson
09-30-2010, 06:18 PM
It just occurred to me that I haven't bothered packing my hospital bag... Should I bother in advance?

I should also do a search for a packing list. At least I've charged up all the camera batteries in advance!

edurnemk
09-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I would pack in advance. I didn't make it to my due date by 2 weeks, and my labor was FAST and intense so I'm glad I packed like 6 weeks before the date.

I had 2 bags: one for labor and one for afterwards. In the end there's a lot of stuff I didn't use for labor, because, like I said, it was fast.

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Yep, I packed. I had a big list, most of which I didn't really need. And, for all the packing I did I forgot to pack a shirt to wear postpartum! I had a birth center birth so I went home shortly after giving birth. I just threw the shirt on that I wore there, no biggie.

Bathrobe
camera
pillow
music
page for footprints
fan
birth plan
shoes to wear on walks during labor
something to wear in the water for me
change of clothes for dh
toiletries (simple!) and a hair tie

Those were the things I packed and used for at least one of the births.

Beth

sunshine873
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes, pack. You don't want to have to talk someone through your closet & bathroom drawers, trying to explain which blue shirt, and which black pair of pants. Believe me.

Also,
Extra batteries or charger for camera
Lip balm
Pony tail holder or headband (something to help keep hair out of your face)

MoJo
09-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Pack, and make sure that DH knows that bringing your bag to your room before he leaves is not negotiable. And make sure DH doesn't take the memory card out of the camera before you pack it. That's what I wish I would have done!

And, don't count on being able to wear the clothes you wore to the hospital back home. My shirt was ruined.

The other thing I really wished I had was my cell phone charger. It was in my purse, but I couldn't convince DH to bring my purse from the car until his third visit to my room.

gcc2k
10-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep, I packed. I had a big list, most of which I didn't really need.

fan

Oooh, good idea about the fan. Wouldn't have thought of that one. I get hot so easily, but do you think I'll need it in January? Did you end up using it?

SnuggleBuggles
10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Oooh, good idea about the fan. Wouldn't have thought of that one. I get hot so easily, but do you think I'll need it in January? Did you end up using it?

Absolutely loved having the fan. I needed some moving air when I was deep into labor. I just had a battery operated handheld with ds1. With ds2 the RN for my birth center birth just used one of those paper fans- anything would have been good.

Beth