PDA

View Full Version : Jasmere - Tegu Magnetic Wooden Blocks - $27 for $70 voucher

ett
10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.jasmere.com/

The deal of the day (and since it's Friday, it's through the weekend) is Tegu Magnetic Wooden Blocks. I've been wanting these since I first read about them a while back. The price is currently $27 for a $70 voucher.

http://www.tegu.com/index.php

October is Fair Trade Month at Jasmere so they're going to be featuring a lot of Fair Trade companies.

sewarsh
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
These are SOO cute and i've never heard of them before.

I'm so itching to buy this, but we really don't need ANOTHER set of wooden blocks, do we???

vonfirmath
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I almost bought them as a baby shower gift for a friend, until I saw the price. (Well, and the ag 3+ thing)

ugh...

lil_acorn
10-01-2010, 03:32 PM
seems like the 26 piece set isn't enough..you need at least two sets and then that puts it over my budget :-(

but they do look cool

ett
10-01-2010, 04:24 PM
It's down to $30 now!

jgenie
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
It's down to $30 now!

I'm so hoping it will go lower. DH - I mean DC - would love these!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM
How do theses compare to magnatiles? Any BTDT?

ett
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm so hoping it will go lower.

Yeah, me too. It's already gone down from $33 to $30 and it's going to last the whole weekend, so I hope it drops even more.

alien_host
10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
So is Jasmere like The Mini Social type thing or Groupon? I buy end product from the manufacturer or Jasmere? I wonder what the shipping charge is...off to look but please post if anyone knows!

these look very cool!

Great, just what I need another site to watch daily! ;)

vonfirmath
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I found it. Avg shipping cost of $10.

sidmand
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I SO didn't need another deal of the day site but these blocks are so cute and this looks like an interesting site (and I was thinking about getting more Magnatiles and getting some for my sitter's son but I think they would like these even better). How come joining Baby Bargains means I spend more than I think I would have? But now I can't ever pay full price for anything.

sewarsh
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
can the jasmere site sell out of "vouchers"?

alien_host
10-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I found it. Avg shipping cost of $10.

Thanks for posting that, that seems expensive, especially since I hate to pay for shipping! :(

ETA: I did a "mock" check out with my zipcode and the $70 set is about $8.45 to ship from NY to MA. So the closer you are to NY the cheaper, I think.

The only downside is that you can buy more than one voucher but you have to place separate orders, which kind of stinks.

Suebell
10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
can the jasmere site sell out of "vouchers"?

Yes they can sell out & I'm really trying not to order 1 (or 2). I'm a sucker for these kinds of toys.

ett
10-01-2010, 06:01 PM
The shipping to MA was $9.06 for the $100 set.

alien_host
10-01-2010, 06:19 PM
The shipping to MA was $9.06 for the $100 set.

I hope the price goes down. So if I buy the voucher for $30...

$100 - 70 = 30 (I pay at check out) plus $9.00 shipping + 30 for the voucher so it is $69 for the big set out of pocket....

I wonder how low it could go? I guess I'll check back tomorrow night. :)

vonfirmath
10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
I had left and message and they told me it'd be $12 shipping to Texas.

I think these blocks, while cool, are just too expensive for us. Even with the voucher.

urquie
10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I had left and message and they told me it'd be $12 shipping to Texas.

$12-13 to the west coast.

chlobo
10-01-2010, 08:39 PM
If I opt in now and it goes lower do I still get the lower price?

ett
10-01-2010, 08:41 PM
If I opt in now and it goes lower do I still get the lower price?

Yes, you get charged the lowest price.

jgenie
10-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Has any bought one yet?

alien_host
10-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Has any bought one yet?

I'm still waiting, I need to try and justify the cost. The $9 shipping is really killing it or me but if it goes lower I might bite...

kali
10-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Has any bought one yet?

I bought 3 :)

The price is down to $29. So a 52-piece set would cost about $59 + shipping. That's a lot but I've seen wooden blocks that are not magnetic for that much. And the company promotes sustainable economic development--I am definitely willing to spend more on products and companies like that.

By the way, it looks like they throw in a case for free (the website says that offer expires 9/30, but it still worked when I went almost all the way through the check out process.)

ETA: I wrote 100-piece set when I was referring to the 52-piece set. oops!

sewarsh
10-02-2010, 09:54 AM
$28!! Getting tempting!

What age do you think is best for these (i know they suggest 3+)?

louisaho
10-02-2010, 09:59 AM
I was ready to pull the trigger so I searched for a coupon code for Jasmere, and found only several expired codes. Couldn't find any current codes. Has anyone come across one?

baileygirl
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I think the blocks look nice! What is holding me back, is it looks like you can only use one voucher per transaction. I would like to get the 100 piece set + the case. If I could use 2 vouchers (in one transaction) or get the case free, I would pull the trigger. Shipping for me on the 100 piece set and case is around $13, shipping for the 55 piece set is around $9...

ETA: Please let me know if I am wrong and you can use 2 vouchers per transaction!

alien_host
10-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I think the blocks look nice! What is holding me back, is it looks like you can only use one voucher per transaction. I would like to get the 100 piece set + the case. If I could use 2 vouchers (in one transaction) or get the case free, I would pull the trigger. Shipping for me on the 100 piece set and case is around $13, shipping for the 55 piece set is around $9...

ETA: Please let me know if I am wrong and you can use 2 vouchers per transaction!

It does say one voucher per transaction which is making me really think about whether I'm going to buy. I was thinking of trying to contact the company to see if they would accept two vouchers but it is the weekend and I doubt they would get back to us in time. The Jasmere website says that it usually is limited to one b/c of the limitations of the vendor's website in accomdating more than one code.

ETAA: I e-mailed Tegu directly about multiple vouchers and will post back if they respond before the deal is over.

ETA: FWIW, I am not planning on getting the case. I figured I could use an inexpensive lunch box to hold the blocks. :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-02-2010, 08:01 PM
ETA: FWIW, I am not planning on getting the case. I figured I could use an inexpensive lunch box to hold the blocks. :)

We emptied 2 Duplo sets into one case, and use the other one for Haba blocks. We would probably do something like that again, works well!

Choccie
10-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I posted on FB and asked if we could use 2 vouchers for 1 order. Customer service just responded and said only 1 coupon per order, but if I order the large set and use one voucher on Tuesday morning, they'll throw in a case for free. I think you have to contact customer service directly and they make a note for your order. It's not the greatest deal in the world but makes it a bit of a better value overall - and I really like the concept of what they are doing at Tegu so I feel good about spending a bit more than I usually would for blocks :-)

vonfirmath
10-02-2010, 10:20 PM

There is not a 100 piece set. The large set (52pc) is usually $100. So the voucher would take off $30. + shipping.

I guess I'm also concerned here about the magnetic nature because we are still trying to get pregnant and have more littles in the house. On the one hand, these seem perfect for littles. OTOH, the age 3 limit tels me that the magnets might get loose somehow.

ett
10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
There is not a 100 piece set. The large set (52pc) is usually $100. So the voucher would take off $30. + shipping.

And the $55 set is 26 pieces. The $70 voucher is currently $28 so it would take off $42 and then add shipping.

baileygirl
10-02-2010, 10:43 PM

I guess I'm also concerned here about the magnetic nature because we are still trying to get pregnant and have more littles in the house. On the one hand, these seem perfect for littles. OTOH, the age 3 limit tels me that the magnets might get loose somehow.

Thanks, I knew they were 52 pieces...when I typed it I was confusing it with the 100 piece magnatiles for $100.

The case looks nice, I emailed customer service to see if they would extend the free case offer. I am pretty certain I'll get a set. I noticed Pottery Barn Kids and Oompa also sell them.

alien_host
10-02-2010, 11:23 PM
The case looks nice, I emailed customer service to see if they would extend the free case offer. I am pretty certain I'll get a set. I noticed Pottery Barn Kids and Oompa also sell them.

I just noticed them on the PBK site. $55 for the 26 block set....friends and family is coming up so you could get this for $44 (20% off) in-store but you'd have to pay sales tax.

Is everyone only considering the 52 block set at $100? If they throw in the case I guess that helps.

The only other item that is $70 is the 26 block Mahogany set...which ends up being $28ish plus shipping.

Or I guess one could do the $55 and the case $24 and pay $39 plus shipping.

Choccie
10-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Okay - I'm 99% sure I'm going to order the $100 set.

I love babybargains but it makes me want to buy things I don't need--- like another set of blocks!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Okay - I'm 99% sure I'm going to order the $100 set.

I love babybargains but it makes me want to buy things I don't need--- like another set of blocks!!

I think I am going to by these instead of Magnatiles, pretty sure. Magnatiles are 100 pieces for $100 at best, these are 52 pieces at for $68. A bit more, but for enviro friendly and fair trade, so I think the "Festivus Fairy" will be bringing these to my house this year!

baileygirl
10-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Is everyone only considering the 52 block set at $100? If they throw in the case I guess that helps.

The only other item that is $70 is the 26 block Mahogany set...which ends up being $28ish plus shipping.

Or I guess one could do the $55 and the case $24 and pay $39 plus shipping.

I want the 52 block set after looking at the examples of what they built on the jasmere site. The robot alone looks like it is 17 blocks.

alien_host
10-03-2010, 08:42 AM
It is down to $27....I wish Customer Service would e-mail me back. Their FB page shows them telling people to inquire w/ CS about getting the free case.

If it stays at $27 for me it would be about $66 shipped for the 52 piece set which is about $1.26 a block which in my mind seems like and OK price. I really like the message the company is promoting. I love wood toys. If I can get the case for free (even though I don't need it) that might seal the deal for me.

I wonder if everyone is waiting it out to see how low it goes and at the end it drops a bunch? Has anyone bought from Jasmere before? Was the final price of your item much less than what you "bought" it at?

kristac
10-03-2010, 10:30 AM
It is down to $27....I wish Customer Service would e-mail me back. Their FB page shows them telling people to inquire w/ CS about getting the free case.

If it stays at $27 for me it would be about $66 shipped for the 52 piece set which is about $1.26 a block which in my mind seems like and OK price. I really like the message the company is promoting. I love wood toys. If I can get the case for free (even though I don't need it) that might seal the deal for me.

I wonder if everyone is waiting it out to see how low it goes and at the end it drops a bunch? Has anyone bought from Jasmere before? Was the final price of your item much less than what you "bought" it at?

I think the lowest it will go is $21 (70% off).

ETA: would it be better to do 2 orders and get 2 sets of 26?

Suebell
10-03-2010, 10:59 AM
It says voucher may not be used towards shipping.

"Vouchers may not be used for shipping, tax or gift certificates, and cannot be combined with other offers."

alien_host
10-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I think the lowest it will go is $21 (70% off).

ETA: would it be better to do 2 orders and get 2 sets of 26?

The site indicates that you can only use one voucher at a time so if you buy two sets you need to pay for shipping twice.

chlobo
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
If you got 2 vouchers, what would you buy?

Would you buy 1 52 piece set and 1 26 piece set for $155 - 140 = 15+ shipping?

Or $52 + 15 + shipping?

Is that why people want to combine?

jgenie
10-03-2010, 03:18 PM
You can only use 1 voucher per order and you forfeit any value you don't use so I would order the large set. I'm thinking $25 is where I will buy if it goes that low.

From the sidebar on Jasmere.
This is a single-use voucher and leftover value (if any) will not be retained by user
A maximum of 5 vouchers may be purchased, but only one may be used per transaction on the partner site

alien_host
10-04-2010, 08:48 AM
I decided to get one voucher. I wonder if it's worth waiting to order from Tegu. Maybe they will offer free shipping or a free case closer to the holidays?

I'm planning on getting just the $100 set so $100-70= $30 +$27 = $57 plus shipping...

ett
10-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I just ordered 1 voucher.

melonkelli
10-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I decided to get one voucher. I wonder if it's worth waiting to order from Tegu. Maybe they will offer free shipping or a free case closer to the holidays?

I'm planning on getting just the $100 set so $100-70= $30 +$27 = $57 plus shipping...

I am wondering about that. I don't think it can be combined with other offers...though it doesn't hurt to ask. According to the Jasmere site here are the rules:

"Vouchers may not be used for shipping, tax or gift certificates, and cannot be combined with other offers."

kelli

pjsmom30
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I got my email saying my CC was charged. Where is the voucher code???

Choccie
10-04-2010, 04:24 PM

I think customer service will honor the free case code if you call and ask - and if you are ordering this week.

pjsmom30
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Can't find the customer service phone number....

alien_host
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Can't find the customer service phone number....

This is the Tegu number 877-834-8869

You also asked about the voucher, I believe that Jasmere will e-mail them tomorrow.

pjsmom30
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I meant the Jasmere number, but thanks for the Tegu one!

I guess I was nervous about the voucher, since it says in the fine print that they will be mailed by 3:00 ET on the day the offer ends.

This is the Tegu number 877-834-8869

You also asked about the voucher, I believe that Jasmere will e-mail them tomorrow.

alien_host
10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I meant the Jasmere number, but thanks for the Tegu one!

I guess I was nervous about the voucher, since it says in the fine print that they will be mailed by 3:00 ET on the day the offer ends.

You are right it does say 3pm, in my mind I thought it was Tuesday...I also got the credit card confirm. I'm going to just wait and see if it come. Perhaps they got a lot of orders? I don't see a phone number on the Jasmere site.

Choccie
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
When I contacted Tegu this weekend, here was the response:

"That’s great; the Original Set + Travel Tote is a fantastic combination. I think this could be a better solution for us both; you simply buy one Jasmere voucher, purchase the Original Set on Tuesday using the voucher, and I’ll include a Travel Tote in your order at no cost to you. Would that work? Please let me know and I will look out for your order!"

All the best,
-------------------------------------------

Brandon Straub

Tegu

+1 203.803.1908

www.tegu.com

www.facebook.com/TeguToys

urquie
10-04-2010, 05:34 PM
When I contacted Tegu this weekend, here was the response:

"That’s great; the Original Set + Travel Tote is a fantastic combination. I think this could be a better solution for us both; you simply buy one Jasmere voucher, purchase the Original Set on Tuesday using the voucher, and I’ll include a Travel Tote in your order at no cost to you. Would that work? Please let me know and I will look out for your order!"

All the best,

Brandon Straub

Tegu

+1 203.803.1908

www.tegu.com (http://www.tegu.com)

www.facebook.com/TeguToys (http://www.facebook.com/TeguToys)

how did you get them to agree to that? not sure how it benefits them to give away the tote. :) did it say, somewhere on there site, that they were giving away totes with purchase of an original set? thanks for any extra info!

ett
10-04-2010, 05:36 PM
how did you get them to agree to that? not sure how it benefits them to give away the tote. :) did it say, somewhere on there site, that they were giving away totes with purchase of an original set? thanks for any extra info!

That was a promotion that just ended on 9/30.

Choccie
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Urquie - I posted on the FB page that I loved the idea of the blocks and asking if we could combine 2 vouchers. Someone from Tegu posted and told me to contact Brandon in customer service at Tegu ... I did, and got that nice response saying they couldn't combine 2 vouchers for the big set but instead offered me a free tote if I buy the $100 set using the Jasmere voucher. I don't really need the tote, but it was enough to nudge me over into making a 'buy' decision. I'm sure if you send Brandon an email and tell him you're excited about the blocks and ask if he can honor the free tote offer for you (code was Tegutote and expired 9.30.10) hopefully he'll say yes :-) They seem like a great company - i can't wait for to order and play with the blocks!

pjsmom30
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The Jasmere guy said we should get them by noon tomorrow.

You are right it does say 3pm, in my mind I thought it was Tuesday...I also got the credit card confirm. I'm going to just wait and see if it come. Perhaps they got a lot of orders? I don't see a phone number on the Jasmere site.

urquie
10-04-2010, 09:52 PM
That was a promotion that just ended on 9/30.

Urquie - I posted on the FB page that I loved the idea of the blocks and asking if we could combine 2 vouchers. Someone from Tegu posted and told me to contact Brandon in customer service at Tegu ... I did, and got that nice response saying they couldn't combine 2 vouchers for the big set but instead offered me a free tote if I buy the $100 set using the Jasmere voucher. I don't really need the tote, but it was enough to nudge me over into making a 'buy' decision. I'm sure if you send Brandon an email and tell him you're excited about the blocks and ask if he can honor the free tote offer for you (code was Tegutote and expired 9.30.10) hopefully he'll say yes :-) They seem like a great company - i can't wait for to order and play with the blocks!

thanks so much for the info! :bighand:

alien_host
10-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I still don't have my voucher BUT I did get my Flip and Tumble voucher which just ended 2 hours ago...go figure!

Anyone else still awaiting their Tegu voucher?

pjsmom30
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Still waiting here! I emailed JAsmere at 12:00 and they said it would be 60-90 minutes longer. It has been 120 minutes.

I still don't have my voucher BUT I did get my Flip and Tumble voucher which just ended 2 hours ago...go figure!

Anyone else still awaiting their Tegu voucher?

Suebell
10-05-2010, 02:07 PM
still waiting too.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Me, too. The fact that there is one guy all the CS e-mails go to shows how small a company they are. I think they are just overwhelmed with the positive response!

ett
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm still waiting too. I'm guessing that they got a lot of orders.

ett
10-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I just got my voucher.

urquie
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
yay - i just got my code and placed my order! i must say, tegu's customer service is amazing!!

if you try and place the order right now, enter the voucher code in the "gift code" box, then click the "+" sign right next to it, to apply the code. you'll see that the code is applied, before you have to enter any other info.

they may change the website, to avoid confusion, and get rid of the plus sign, so that you click "update" ... which is what i was doing (and it didn't work!)

pjsmom30
10-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Just placed two orders! I sent an email after requesting the free tote. We'll see!

melonkelli
10-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I just asked if I could use a Free Shipping code or get a Free Tote, but I can only use one code (the Jasmere voucher) per order. Has anyone successfully received a tote with their order? What did you do?

"Thank you for your interest in Tegu ! You are only able to use one voucher code at a time, and therefore you cannot receive free shipping with your Jasmere purchase. Furthermore, we are no long running the free Travel Tote promotion. However, the Jasmere promotion by itself is the best promotion we have ever for Tegu so you sure to be receiving a fantastic deal! To that end, I am also excited to deliver a set of blocks or two to your children.

Thank you again for your voucher purchase, and we look forward to fulfilling your order."

kelli

jenmcadams
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I just got my voucher...aren't they good for several months? I'm planning to order these for my DS for Xmas and wondering if I shouldn't wait to see if there are other promotions going on. I would love a free tote...

melonkelli
10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I just got my voucher...aren't they good for several months? I'm planning to order these for my DS for Xmas and wondering if I shouldn't wait to see if there are other promotions going on. I would love a free tote...

But you can't combine it with another offer -- you can only enter the voucher number or a discount code, not both on one order.

kelli

pjsmom30
10-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Did anyone get an order acknowledgement, receipt, or any email response to an order? I placed two orders last night and haven't gotten anything.

sidmand
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Right after I placed my order I received an e-mail invoice from them. I did register for the site though too (since I only placed one order and I have a couple more to place!) but I don't think that would've made a difference?

I probably received it within minutes of placing the order because I remember thinking it was an automated type thing.

alien_host
10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I have not received a confirm. I placed my order last night around 8PM est. I was nervous that I typed my e-mail wrong but when I log in I can see the order. I think they are overwhelmed and maybe it isn't going so smoothly (and there seems to be only one guy in customer service!).

Can you log on and see the info?

alien_host
10-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Out of curiosity I logged in this AM and my order says "on-hold". Not sure what that means. I'm guessing everyone placed their order this week and they are having a hard time keeping up?

Anyone else's order say "on-hold". Strange.

pjsmom30
10-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Got this from CS today:

Thank you again for your order! I will add one Travel Tote to your order, and we will also send you an email shortly with a tracking number. Furthermore, the package may not ship out until late this week or early next week due to high demand.

melonkelli
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Got this from CS today:

Thank you again for your order! I will add one Travel Tote to your order, and we will also send you an email shortly with a tracking number. Furthermore, the package may not ship out until late this week or early next week due to high demand.

How did you get the Travel Tote? Was it free?

kelli

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Out of curiosity I logged in this AM and my order says "on-hold". Not sure what that means. I'm guessing everyone placed their order this week and they are having a hard time keeping up?

Anyone else's order say "on-hold". Strange.

Brandon from CS said they are SLAMMED and that they are shipping as fast as they can. I think it will be well worth the wait!

alien_host
10-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I was surpised to see a package today and it was from Tegu! I thought it was my Laminator ;) but the blocks are here. It's going to take a lot of strength not to open these up and use them before Christmas....although maybe I should "test" them out to see if they work properly ;)

I never did get a shipping or order confirm for some reason, but I'm happy it arrived!

Thanks again to ett for posting this deal.

ETA: I see they are offering free shipping on their home page. You have to do something via facebook and it's unclear if you can combine it with the voucher, but worth checking out if you haven't placed your order.

pjsmom30
10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Has anyone else gotten their blocks? Nothing so far for me, and my order still says on hold at the website.

sewarsh
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Saw these blocks today at PB Kids! Can you believe that?!?
$50 for 26 starter set blocks.
Good for them.

urquie
10-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Has anyone else gotten their blocks? Nothing so far for me, and my order still says on hold at the website.

i just got mine and they are awesome!

alien_host
10-15-2010, 08:06 AM

I would just call CS and ask, they are MORE than helpful.

I also saw them at PBK, the box seemed tiny for the small set, I'm so glad I got the big set!