PDA

View Full Version : Why?

HIU8
10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Why does this keep happening? I sort of know why, but it's just getting annoying now. Since I was let go from my job in 2007, I've done part time contract work with several companies. One took me on as an independent contractor. I worked with this company for 2 years. They stopped getting work in so much and I went to work for another company connected to the first one. I've been with them for a year. The project I'm on is transitioning to a new company who can handle the volume of work better. So now, the current company will have jobs paid by the job and/or hourly starting in January. They may or may not have enough jobs for the employees (right now I believe there are 7 of us who work for one person). So, as of Halloween (when my current client ends) I have nothing. I can't work FT right now b/c of the kids school schedules and DS's OT schedule (DH and I don't make enough to warrant a sitter/nanny to do school dropoff and pickup--even if I did get a FT job). So now I just sit and wait and possibly have no work. I can definitely find another job, but PT work from home is just so much harder to find. If it works out the way I see it's going to, we will be begging my father to help with dropoff and pickup so I can get either a PT job in an office or a FT job (with some beforecare for DS--DD now goes 9-4 already so I can take DS from OT to school, from school etc...).

All I have to say is a Huge OYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elephantmeg
10-01-2010, 02:35 PM
ugh, I'm sorry!

boogiemomz
10-02-2010, 01:36 PM
That really sucks. So sorry! (((Hugs))) :hug: