PDA

View Full Version : If your DC needed to take a picture for school???

MMEand1
10-01-2010, 02:30 PM
My children came how with a project that they can participate in for their PTA program in school. It "allows each student the opportunity to express their unique creativity in six ares of art: Literature, Visual Arts, Photography, Film Production, Dance Choreography, and Musical Composition."

My children want to do the photography portion since they LOVE taking pictures with their P&S cameras whenever we leave the house (i.e. in the car, in the driveway, in the store, etc - where ever they have the urge to snap the picture)!

The problem we are having is figuring out what to do as far as the theme goes. The theme this year is "Together We Can". My children have to do all the work themselves and per the rules, "an adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student's work"..."help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed".

Anyone have any ideas of how we can capture "Together We Can" through the lens with a 5 and 7 year old behind the camera? I'm not coming up with anything decent and they don't have any thoughts either. Thanks for any advice or help!

SnuggleBuggles
10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Changing season? Fall? Nature in general? Is that the sort of thing?
Beth

pinkmomagain
10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I guess I'm not understanding your question. This is a nationwide PTA contest from K-12. The idea and execution are supposed to come totally from the child -- from what I understand. So are you asking for help with the idea, or asking in what way you can help them execute their idea?

MoJo
10-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I'd ask the kids, "What can we do together that we couldn't do alone?" My own answers range (from a kid's perspective) from cooking in the kitchen to climbing a hill or crossing a stream. Once they answer that question, they will know what to photograph. And that way, it's really their thought, not mine and yours, that's making the project.