PDA

View Full Version : Any way to lessen the recline on the Sunshine Kids Radian?

ourbabygirl
10-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I bought one of these recently, in an effort to keep DD (almost 2, but very tall and probably around 35 lbs.) RF as long as possible. She was in a MA in my car and a BLVD in DH's car, and I don't know if it's normal for the Radian to be at *such* an incline, but it's at way more of an angle than the Britaxes. DH said it can't be any more upright, only more 'reclined.'

Any ideas? Do we need to just get used to it and have DD deal with it (I don't think she likes being *that* reclined), or should I take it back and look for something else that would keep her RF for longer? If so, what would that be?

Thanks! :)

Joolsplus2
10-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Not really, Radians are what they are, reclined or upright, depending on the squishiness of the vehicle seat, and they tend to recline more and more as kids get heavier. Unfortunately they seem to be ignoring our requests for some way to be more upright, so there's no nifty 'toddler boot' or anything :(
How do you know she doesn't like it? My dd was very content in her RN till she was 3 (would have been longer, but I have the ancient model with the 33lb RF limit, lol).
Other seats like the Britax 70's and True Fit Premier might be other options, though, if she's of average weight and height they should still last till age 3-4 RF.

ourbabygirl
10-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Well, I don't think she's able to look out the windows like she used to, and she's just really 'laid back' and acts like she wants to be more upright. Plus I think she might be more likely to fall asleep in it and I really want to avoid that so I can preserve her naps (have her do them at home). ;)
I'll take a look online at the other ones you suggested; so you think they won't have as much of a 'recline'?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Ah, the mythical home-napping child... I've heard of those... :D

Yeah, the others are much more adjustable, the Radian is in a league of it's own when it comes to lack of adjustability RF :/