PDA

View Full Version : What kind of class for a 9 month old?

crl
10-02-2010, 10:57 AM
My parents usually ask for Christmas ideas and in the past have been amenable to paying classes and such rather than buying stuff. So I'm considering asking for some kind of class for dd. We haven't been doing anything. Would you ask for music, gym of some kind or waterbabies, or something else?

Thanks!
Catherine

maylips
10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
My kids really liked Kindermusik at that age but I also think a Mom and Me water class would be great if there was one close by for you (there wasn't for me).

crl
10-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks! Closest class for me would be water babies as I can walk to our Y and we are already members. DD isn't a fan of the bath though at this point, so I'm a little unsure about a water babies class with her. I could always take her for open swim and see what happens.

Catherine

crispychicky
10-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Swimming!!!! We've been doing mommy & me swim classes and DD absolutely loves it. We haven't tried any other type of classes yet, so I can't comment on those.

I do know at 9M, the gym class wouldn't have worked well at all for my dd. But, every child is different. If your dd is really active and loves physical play, maybe this would be the way to go.

fivi2
10-02-2010, 11:19 AM
We started gymboree about that age and enjoyed it. A lot of friends did the music together/kindermusik thing and liked it.

honestly I don't think the specific activity is important - just find something you enjoy and is convenient!

Mommy_Again
10-02-2010, 11:56 AM
DD started Music Together at 6 months and still loves it. We tried a Gymboree class at 9 months but I wasn't impressed. Might be better when they are more mobile, but I kind of feel like I can crawl around on the floor with her over my own obstacles at home, you know?

hellokitty
10-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Music. Don't know how cold it gets in your area, but when we did mommy and me swim, the area btwn the pool and lockers were freezing and also the pool was not always as warm as it should be. Music was a lot less hassle.

jess_g
10-02-2010, 03:25 PM
My ds did a Little Gym class at that age and loved it. It was circle time activities and some simple gymnastics activities with the parents helping. My ds had a lot of fun in the class and the kids are grouped by age. I think My Gym does similar classes too. -J.

georgiegirl
10-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Definitely music class. We did Music Together and loved it. Waterbabies wasn't fun...water wasn't that warm and getting yourself and non-potty trained baby in and out of swimsuits was a logistical nightmare. It would be even worse if your child couldn't stand.

SnuggleBuggles
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Music Together. :) So fun!

Beth

jenmcadams
10-02-2010, 07:32 PM
We liked Gymboree at that age. You could also do a museum or zoo membership...might give you more flexibility

athompson
10-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Music Together! DD1 and I had so much fun at this class when she was the same age as your DD. I'm hoping to sign up with DD3 soon:)

crl
10-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you all! I think I'll investigate a music class.

Catherine

squimp
10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
We loved waterbabies. DD is a little fish now.

zag95
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Loved waterbabies- DD was about 7-8 mos when we did our first class!