PDA

View Full Version : Geotrax Trains

cindys
10-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Anyone know of any deals?

We are thinking of getting one for our soon to be 2 yr old...

Anyone have any opinions on them?

Thanks!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

hillview
10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
We have a couple sets and love them. They are played with a few times a month but hold attention for a long time.
/hillary

kristac
10-02-2010, 05:52 PM
These get daily play here. We've had them since ds1 was 20 months (he'll be 6 in December). I occasionally see good deals at Kohls or on Craigslist. Grand Central Station is a good starter.

SnuggleBuggles
10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
No great deal ideas except that TRU usually has a FP deal near the holidays (b1g1 50% type thing). We have been buying them for 6+ years and they get played with frequently. Huge hit when we have company! I've seen plenty of grown ups play too.

Beth

JMS
10-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Often Costco sells a GeoTrax set in their holiday toys section.

onjbj
10-02-2010, 09:28 PM
We've gotten a few sets on Ebay... in excellent condition and soooo much more for your money. We wrapped them up used and gave them to DS for x-mas. He was too young to know the difference and has been playing with them for 3 yrs!

kslb
10-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Mom-to-mom sales are a great place to pick them up. We just discovered GeoTrax for our 2 year old a few weeks ago. I actually scored an entire bin full of tracks, trains and scenery today for $20!

liz
10-03-2010, 08:11 AM
We bought most of ours on CL. They were in great shape and much, much cheaper. Also, we always give these types of gifts to the kids already opened and ready to play, so the fact that they weren't NIB wasn't a factor.

kristac
10-03-2010, 08:27 AM
We bought most of ours on CL. They were in great shape and much, much cheaper. Also, we always give these types of gifts to the kids already opened and ready to play, so the fact that they weren't NIB wasn't a factor.

Agree- Geotrax are most fun already set up for them to discover in the morning. Especially fun to set up around the Christmas tree. :)

stratosphere03
10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Geotrax are a huge hit with my boys (ages 2 and 4.5). I've managed to snag several sets, planes, and trains on clearance at Target and Kohls. Our best deal was from a garage sale though - $10 for a huge tub that included two complete sets plus extras. My local craigslist always seems to have some listed as well.

MomtoNico
10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
We dont have any - but I have seen them at Kohls. And with the 30% off they seem to be a pretty good deal. I went to Kohls a few days ago and they seem to be getting alot of toys in - most likely for xmas. So they should be in stock soon.

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2010, 01:03 PM
We dont have any - but I have seen them at Kohls. And with the 30% off they seem to be a pretty good deal. I went to Kohls a few days ago and they seem to be getting alot of toys in - most likely for xmas. So they should be in stock soon.

FYI about Kohl's "sales"- often things are so marked up there that you can get just as good a deal at Target regular price.

BEth