PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout 55 or Marathon 70???

2coconuts
10-03-2010, 02:53 AM
We have looked at so many carseats that they all loook alike and we are not really sure which way is up and which is down! We think, I repeat think, that we have finally narrowed it down to two of the Britax seats, the new Roundabout 55 and the new Marathon 70. What are the pros and cons of each? What are the major difference(s) in the two? Is one a favorite over the other? Thank you all in advance for your help.

Joolsplus2
10-03-2010, 09:13 AM
The only difference is the RA55 has to have the harness rethreaded, the MA70 has a handle on the headrest you just squeeze and pull. Rethreading isn't a big deal, and the rest of the seat is basically identical. Well, one or the other might have a cover you like better... :)

2coconuts
10-04-2010, 03:01 AM
I noticed on the Britax website that when I did the side-by-side comparison of the two that one stand-out difference was that the cover on the Roundabout 55 is not removeable while the cover on the Marathon 70 is. Is this really the case?

Joolsplus2
10-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Not removable 'while installed in the car'.... I guess I didn't think of that feature since I've never even wanted to do that, lol. But yeah, that would be a difference, owing to the different methods that the harnesses are threaded :) (When my covers are gross, usually the whole seat is so gross I want to take it out and wipe it down, but minimal grossness might be nice to just take the cover off by itself...personal preference, really).

HannaAddict
10-05-2010, 02:28 AM
So, the RA55 and MA70 are the same seat? I loved our old RA from our first child, even though he wasn't in it for a super long time because he was super tall, it was great for right after he outgrew his little Snugride. It was nice to travel with, was just a nice seat. I was thinking of getting a RA55 but if it really is the same size as the MA70, may just stick with the Boulevard we have. He looks little in the Boulevard. But I do have the desire to buy an on-sale latest generation car seat . . .