PDA

View Full Version : laundry help needed

katydid1971
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
My son has several of those tee shirts that look like you are wear a long sleeve white shirt under a dark tee shirt. My problem is that a couple of these (both Gymboree) have totally bleed causing the sleeves to be dingy gray instead of the bright white they started out. :32: I have them soaking in Oxyclean right now but I don't think its working, any other suggestions on how to get the sleeves looking nice and bright white again. What makes me mad is I had a shirt like that from Old Navy in the same load but the sleeves on it stayed white. This may end my buying clothes from Gymboree (but I get such good deals its hard to give up).

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Can you just say "la, la, la" and pretend it came with gray sleeves? :) I don't bleach or worry about super bright whites. So long as they aren't stained around the cuffs, which is what normally happens with white sleeves for us, I don't tend to think about it.

Denial probably isn't the answer you are looking for though. :)

Beth

katydid1971
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I ended up using this stuff http://www.carbona.com/colorrunremover.aspx with mixed results. It smells aweful, like the stuff they put on your hair when you get a perm. The black shirt with white sleeves turned out great. The navy shirt with white sleeves not so much. The dye remover took the colo rout of the blue shirt so now it looks brown. It still wet (I'm tripple washing it to make sure the aweful smelling chemical is out of it) but it looks kinda cool like one of thise shirts made to look old/retro. They both look better than they did. I also bought a box of those shout color catchers hoping they will prevent this in the future.