PDA

View Full Version : FLYLady SuperFlingBoogie Week 3: The kitchen BONUS MISSION Post #10

MoJo
10-04-2010, 07:52 AM
http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp

Today's official mission is cleaning the trash can.

Since I don't need to do this mission, and I've seen what the rest of the missions are for this week, I'm adding my own bonus mission of removing anything that doesn't belong on the counter tops. George Foreman grill, & plates I've decided to eBay, I'm thinking of you!

KrisM
10-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Oh good. My kitchen is a better place for me to spend time cleaning! I had a tough time with the family room because we generally get it picked up daily. I did finally dust.

I have been meaning to move around some cabinet contents and I might try that today rather than the garbage can. Mine is clean enough, except for a quick wipe on the outside.

WolfpackMom
10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Woohoo Im ahead this week because we bought a new trashcan on Saturday!:cheerleader1:

MoJo
10-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Tuesday's mission is cleaning the countertops. . . including behind the appliances & canisters. The link is in post #1.

KrisM
10-05-2010, 09:52 PM
It took some work, but I did this one this morning. It was good to clean under the toaster oven! Usually, I just clean the part I can see :). But, I actually moved it and cleaned under it. As an added bonus, I cleaned the inside of the toaster oven, too!

I like the kitchen as a theme!

MoJo
10-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Wednesday's mission is a thorough scrubbing of the sink. See the link in post #1.

I got one of my counters done. . . and broke the Foreman grill I mentioned Monday :irked:

MoJo
10-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Thursday's mission is to wipe down the big appliances. The link with the specifics is in post 1.

Since I don't need to do this, I'm going to add a FLYLady mission I do need to do: Vacuum the coils under the front of the fridge.

KrisM
10-07-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't need to do this either. I think I'll do my kitchen junk drawer instead.

I did a bonus kitchen item yesterday - swept under the stove! We needed some work on the gas line there and so it came out. It wasn't too bad, but now it's nice :).

MoJo
10-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Kris, then you're already done (probably) with today's mission too: sweep and mop the kitchen!

My toddler has been doing her version. She was too quiet a few days ago. When I went to check on her, she was on her hands and knees wiping the floor with a baby wipe. When I asked what she was doing, she said, "Chin-ching dirtiler," which is her way of saying "kitchen dirty." And already this morning, she asked for water. I gave her just a little, knowing she would probably spill it instead of drink it. I was right. . . but she promptly grabbed the towel and mopped it up.

MoJo
10-09-2010, 07:12 AM
It's obvious FLYLady isn't going to do this mission, yet it's something that I and all of my relatives need to do regularly.

Is there anything on your table that doesn't belong? For me (and my mom. . . and my ILs. . . and therefore I assume for lots of people) it's just too easy to set something there that shouldn't be. . . like some of the groceries I carried in late yesterday that didn't get put away.

So today's mission is clearing your table of anything that doesn't belong there.

KrisM
10-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Kris, then you're already done (probably) with today's mission too: sweep and mop the kitchen!

My toddler has been doing her version. She was too quiet a few days ago. When I went to check on her, she was on her hands and knees wiping the floor with a baby wipe. When I asked what she was doing, she said, "Chin-ching dirtiler," which is her way of saying "kitchen dirty." And already this morning, she asked for water. I gave her just a little, knowing she would probably spill it instead of drink it. I was right. . . but she promptly grabbed the towel and mopped it up.

Cute story and wtg for her!

KrisM
10-09-2010, 07:50 AM
It's obvious FLYLady isn't going to do this mission, yet it's something that I and all of my relatives need to do regularly.

Is there anything on your table that doesn't belong? For me (and my mom. . . and my ILs. . . and therefore I assume for lots of people) it's just too easy to set something there that shouldn't be. . . like some of the groceries I carried in late yesterday that didn't get put away.

So today's mission is clearing your table of anything that doesn't belong there.

We used to have both a dining room and kitchen table. We're down to 1 now. We eat dinner at it almost every night, so it does stay clear. Before we did this, the dining room table was covered with a mess all the time.