PDA

View Full Version : Question on Borders....toy pricing

alien_host
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
So what at Borders is close to MSRP? I went today with a 40% off coupon and saw the Playmobil Advent Calendar and it was $29.99 (http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4159&cgid=) and the MSRP is $18.99. So WITH the 40% off I was going to be $1 dollar less than MSRP. Crazy! I'm glad I was able to figure out the retail price on my phone before buying it.

Lego is over-priced....varies per set but seems to be at least $5 more a set. So some sets can be worth it at 40% off I guess. I did get the City Advent Calendar that way.

Melissa and Doug seemed about at MSRP.

So what do you all buy at Borders with those % off coupons? Just books?

Pennylane
10-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Yes, I only buy books. I think their toys are marked up like crazy!!

Ann

ett
10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I mostly buy books at Borders. I usually order online (when I can use the coupon online) and get it shipped to the store if the store does not carry the book.

I bought one of the Alex crafts recently and I think that was MSRP. I've also bought Thinkfun and Blue Orange games there before and those prices weren't marked up. But this was at least a year or more ago; I haven't checked prices recently.

I wonder if Lego and Playmobil gets marked up because they're popular and they know people are using the coupons.

vonfirmath
10-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I just bought a Safari Rush Hour at my Borders for $5! Didn't have a coupon, not sure if the Coupon works on clearanced stuff anyways.