PDA

View Full Version : International travel Combi Coccoro and Combi Flash

susanasou
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I am going to travel by myself with a 1 year old. I bought the Coccoro and Coccoro Flash hoping that it can help me with this one-stop flight. I checked the airline website and they allow either a car-seat or a collapsible stroller but not both, however it does allow an extra 10kg baggage for the infant. Has anyone boarded Korean Airline or any airline with both Coccoro and Coccoro Flash?

edurnemk
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Are you purchasing a seat for your baby or is he riding on your lap?

Most airlines allow only one of those items for free, but if you're taking the seat on the plane it shouldn't be a problem (even if you don't purchase a seat for the baby if there are empty seats they may be able to block one for you to use with the car seat). Also since the Flash is not a "complete stroller" maybe they can take it as a 2 piece one (you know, the same was a Bugaboo would be: frame + seat?). I've had airline personal make exceptions so I wouldn't pay extra for additional baby gear.

Also international airlines sometimes have VERY different policies (sorry, no experience with Korean), I'd call the airline directly and ask. I've travelled alone with DS a lot since he was 6 months old. Last time I was not allowed by an international airline to install the car seat in the plane even though we paid for the seat, ugh! (they looked at me like I had 2 heads) I knew this in advanced so I checked the car seat as baggage so at least I didn't lug it across the airport.

susanasou
10-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I purchased a seat for my baby. If they do not allow me carrying the Combi Flash and Coccoro car seat, they said I will have to check it in at the gate which I think should be fine. Do I need to get the travel bag for the stroller or do they usually handle the strollers gently?

edurnemk
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Define "gently"... No they're not particularly gentle with strollers, I think they treat them just as any other piece of luggage, but they're usually fine. I've never used a travel bag but we don't use the expensive stroller for travel either. AA did trash my friend's P3 once. And my travel stroller has a slightly crooked wheel from our last flight (but in our other 20+ flights there's been no damage).

If you purchased the seat, and for some reason they don't let you install the car seat they should gate check it with no extra charge. How old is your baby? For infants they usually let you install the car seat with no problem in international airlines, IME.