PDA

View Full Version : Amazon DOTD: Lorex LIVE 'snap' Video Baby Monitor $100, orig $400

sewarsh
10-05-2010, 08:24 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

I have no personal opinion of this, but got good reviews and seems like a good deal.

Suebell
10-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Thank you SO much for posting! We need another monitor and I wouldn't have been on Amazon today. :D

aahjed
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
ugh, I had it in my cart, was halfway through checkout, and then it sold out! do they ever re-stock their Deal of the Days?

tammyvt
10-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Anybody have any experience with this monitor? I ordered it. I was leaning towards one of the Summer monitors but thought I would give this a try.

the2bobs
10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
don't know anything about this brand, but let me warn you about Summer. My friend has the video and hates it, can't see much on it and audio is awful. We also have a newer model than my friend (ours is about 2.5 yrs old) and it no longer works. We think it's the cord on the camera. The rechargeable battery died in the handheld, and it's really hard to find the replacement around here (we even tried a battery store!). We have the 5" screen which is only ok, really fuzzy when we turn it on.

Lupe
10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I am thinking about putting the Lorex on my registry instead of Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor
any advice?

twotimesblue
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I've got the Best View and the picture is truly excellent, but the audio is iffy... I think it interferes with our Wifi as it only seems to be affected in the living room near the Wifi station: it's fine in the bedrooms etc. Also be aware that the plastic screen scratches very easily!

Suebell
10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I am thinking about putting the Lorex on my registry instead of Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor
any advice?

I now have them both. :D

Lorex pros-
-Can tell my toddler to get back in bed!!
-No annoying lights
-You can add cameras
-Very quiet (Other than a weird little hum probably from interference, but I don't even notice it anymore. It doesn't pick up on the sound machine as much, but I can hear when he cries.)

Summer Infant pros-
-Charge on the hand held monitor seems to last longer (haven't tested them side by side)
-Can move the camera around!!
-Has a button to easily turn the screen on & off
-The annoying lights let me know when I have accidentally turned the volume too low (whoops)

I've had the Summer Infant a lot longer & it has taken a beating & is still working. They have great customer service too. So far, the Lorex is working well though, so only time will tell which is my fave. I would have liked another Summer Infant Best View & actually bought another thinking I could add the camera, but was wrong. That didn't work at all even though the monitor has options to add more cameras! We finally called customer service & they said you can't add cameras!? That was lame. I love that the Lorex has no flashing lights, so there isn't a light show (from the sound machine in his room) all night. Though, that came back to bite me on the butt - the monitor wasn't plugged into the charger and died sometime during the night & I had no idea. :P