PDA

View Full Version : 40% off Gap 1969 jeans...

mjmamma
10-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Here's an offer I just received as an EW subscriber....

Bring us any of your old denim and get 30% off all 1969 Jeans. Make that 40% off when you become a fan at Facebook.com/GAP. Starting tomorrow October 6th through October 20th. Applies to regularly priced merchandise. Discount taken at register.

*Offer valid from October 6, 2010 through October 20, 2010 in the U.S. only (including Puerto Rico) at Gap stores. Not valid at GapBody, Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store, The Gap Generation stores or online. Not valid on Keds®, Robeez®, diaper bags or strollers at babyGap. Offer is good for one time use only. Gap Inc. credit card must be used as pay type to receive 35% discount and is subject to credit approval. Discount applies to Gap merchandise only, not to GiftCards or applicable taxes. No adjustments on previous purchases. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Offer can be combined with Reward Cards, but excludes Gap Inc. employee discount, other offers, and discounts. Not responsible for lost or stolen cards. Offer is not transferable.
Regards,
Holley Cavanna
VP, Consumer Marketing
Entertainment Weekly

I'm not sure if there's a printable that you can print from facebook when you 'join'. HTH

Livestar
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for sharing this! I am wearing a pair of those jeans right now. They are so unbelievably comfortable. I have designer jeans that I love as well, but these are just a great feeling jean for such a great price. I think I'll trade in some jeans and get more!

mjmamma
10-06-2010, 08:02 AM
I want to try on their flare jeans. Once you Like them on FB, under the Fans Only tab, it says to mention Jeans40 in store & bring in old jeans to receive the 40% off, Oct 6-20th.

groundhog74
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm guessing you can't use this with the Groupon, right?

mjmamma
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
My Gap said no so probably not unless you found some unknowing associate... I still haven't used mine either.

cono0507
10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting this! I was out near a hap today so I brought an old pair and got a new pair for $40. Thanks! :)

SammyeGail
10-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Probably a silly question, do you have to bring in a pair of old Gap jeans? No?

I got these in the mail today and am in complete shock how comfortable they are. I always have problems with jeans and my Twin Tummy Syndrome, but these are wonderful. I want some in regular denim colors!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=57436&vid=1&pid=768454&scid=768454002

I thought they wouldn't feel like regular denim, but they do. A tad baggie, not like the fit on the model, but neither am I, ha ha, but I think I would have major muffin top with a size smaller. I have been wanting a pair of solid black jeans.

Going to our city next Monday, will call and hopefully the small Gap store will have some reg. denim colors in my size!

mjmamma
10-08-2010, 07:35 AM
You bought Jeggings! They are very comfortable and I could use a black pair myself :)
It does NOT have to be an old Gap pair. They're recycling the cotton for insulation so any old pair will do. My friend just bought a pair on consignment for $2.50 to bring in, I thought that was brilliant.

turtle12
10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
i wonder if there's a way to get a petite size by doing this....!!

jvs195
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I think last time they did this I brought in a pair of kids jeans and was still able to buy jeans for me with the discount. Now I don't have to patch DS's jeans! Perfect.

MaddiesMommy
10-08-2010, 01:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing....

SammyeGail
10-08-2010, 04:21 PM
You bought Jeggings! They are very comfortable and I could use a black pair myself :)
It does NOT have to be an old Gap pair. They're recycling the cotton for insulation so any old pair will do. My friend just bought a pair on consignment for $2.50 to bring in, I thought that was brilliant.

:hysterical: About the
You bought Jeggings! At least I didn't get any stir-ups or acid wash, left acid wash in High School. They got a big looser thru the evening. They didn't seem that skinny to be at the bottom, but I have small calves and ankles. I was able to put my black boots that come up about 1/2 way on my calves on and the jeans went over them. Not that I would wear them tucked in, but I tried it and it was too bulky. I think the 30% polyester and 2% spandex makes them so comfy. I would get these as a denim color because of the material combo:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=7517310020014&cid=57436

Some may think this is unethical, I don't know, maybe you could order some on-line then return them to the store. Go shopping with a friends. Go back about 1/2 later and have your 'friend' ask if they have X jeans in YsizeP by chance. Gap associates will probably it figure out, but would probably be understanding that you can only buy petite's online, kwim? If not I don't think they could really do anything about it anyway.

WatchingThemGrow
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Can someone help me out? I'm looking at all the different kinds...
Limited Edition
Legging Jean
Always Skinny
Forever Skinny
Real Straight
Curvy
Sexy Boot
Perfect Boot
Long & Lean
Cropped

which ones are for pudgy mamas? Not trying to be funny, I just don't want to go in there and leave needing a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows.

SammyeGail
10-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Limited Edition
Legging Jean
Always Skinny
Forever Skinny
Real Straight
Curvy
Sexy Boot
Perfect Boot
Long & Lean
Cropped

which ones are for pudgy mamas? Not trying to be funny, I just don't want to go in there and leave needing a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows.

Well, I would think it depends on your body type. I guess I consider myself more 'straight'. I'm not 'apple' but my extra weight is in my tummy/mid-section area, but I'm not a full apple, kwim? I have a sort of waistline below my breast, not much of one, maybe just a crease, LOL! I don't have any real hips or booty to shout out about from mid-section to hips its about the same with a belly budge :bag

I don't like 100% cotten jeans, I like a bit of stretch. I like the skinny ones because I am just sick of flare and bootcut jeans. I could deal with a straight leg jean.

I really loved the jegging jeans with the poly blend, I don't know if thats what gave them more 'give'. I read reviews that women who thought they would make their hips look bigger found they made them look slimmer. My black ones are in the dryer now, would you like me to give the hem (ankle) measurement when they're dry? Or the info for anyone wondering? I like my clothes on the looser side, all I will say is that they are slightly above size 10. I'm assuming the sizing in the calf area is very different in size 2 vs size 16. Anyone just let me know!

YouAreTheFocus
10-08-2010, 05:52 PM

I went and tried ALL of the fits on a couple weeks ago. I ended up with a perfect boot and a long & lean. I feel like a dork saying this, but I liked these two b/c they have a higher-rise, which helps smooth things out :) I think I got different sizes b/c one style ran smaller than the other.

jenrub
10-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I went to get another pair of Maternity Skinny jeans and mentioned JEANS40 so I can get 40% off (30% off from bringing an old pair and 10% from being a facebook fan) and the cashier informed me that it doesn't apply to maternity jeans while it did last year. Instead, he offered me the 30% off anyway since I'm turning in an old pair out of courtesy given I turn it in to him or just drop it off at GapKids (which was on the way to another store I was going to). I was hoping for a 40% off but 30% is actually not bad considering I paid full price 2 wks ago when I had nothing else to wear but leggings and it was starting to get really cold.

natness
10-09-2010, 01:55 AM
I guess I consider myself more 'straight'. I'm not 'apple' but my extra weight is in my tummy/mid-section area, but I'm not a full apple, kwim? I have a sort of waistline below my breast, not much of one, maybe just a crease, LOL! I don't have any real hips or booty to shout out about from mid-section to hips its about the same with a belly budge :bag

This describes me almost exactly, but I fear the jegging, or anything skinny, for fear of making me look top heavy. What other jeans/fit style do you like? And what works for you about the jeggings?

coolae
10-09-2010, 07:33 AM
just wanted to give a good review for the jeggings as well. i have them in black and denim and they're becoming my faves...they're thick so you can basically wear them like skinny jeans, although they fit me SO MUCH BETTER than actual skinny jeans! my problem area would be the hips/thighs and i think they're pretty flattering and butt-lifting! my fashionista sister thought they were "premium denim" too...

mjmamma
10-09-2010, 08:01 AM
:hysterical: About the At least I didn't get any stir-ups or acid wash, left acid wash in High School. They got a big looser thru the evening. They didn't seem that skinny to be at the bottom, but I have small calves and ankles. I was able to put my black boots that come up about 1/2 way on my calves on and the jeans went over them. Not that I would wear them tucked in, but I tried it and it was too bulky.

I wear mine tucked into boots, they're perfect for that. If I can pull it off, I'm doing it!
They are more comfy overall, imo. I'm going to head in next week.

As far as the PP asked, maybe try the curvy fit? Reading the reviews sometimes helps since many women will describe their body type.

SammyeGail
10-09-2010, 01:02 PM
This describes me almost exactly, but I fear the jegging, or anything skinny, for fear of making me look top heavy. What other jeans/fit style do you like? And what works for you about the jeggings?

I'll send you a PM with more info, is that ok?

I wear mine tucked into boots, they're perfect for that. If I can pull it off, I'm doing it!
They are more comfy overall, imo. I'm going to head in next week.

I didn't mean for it to sound like tucking them in is a bad thing, I love the look! Going back and looking its that my black boots maybe come closer to 1/3 up my calf instead of 1/2. Plus the boots are snugger than the jeans, they might be ok with just leggings. They are more like high ankle boots.

With so much to choose from, I hope everyone finds something they like!!

mjmamma
10-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I'll send you a PM with more info, is that ok?

I didn't mean for it to sound like tucking them in is a bad thing, I love the look! Going back and looking its that my black boots maybe come closer to 1/3 up my calf instead of 1/2. Plus the boots are snugger than the jeans, they might be ok with just leggings. They are more like high ankle boots.

With so much to choose from, I hope everyone finds something they like!!

Oh no offense taken...I was more saying that at 36, I'm tucking into high boots while I still can :)

SammyeGail
10-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh no offense taken...I was more saying that at 36, I'm tucking into high boots while I still can :)

Oh yeah!! :D Totally agree, I'm the same age. When I got those boots I tried on the tall boots (they are Born brand, so it was a special treat for me). I wanted them so bad, but realized after wearing them around in the dept. store about 10 minutes my legs got really, really hot. It was even more disappointing because the lower boots were only about $20 less.

You'll look awesome!! :jammin:

I don't think I would look very awesome tucking mine into my high ankle boots ;).

BabyH
10-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Just a note - GAP has changed these jeans over the past couple of years, and from personal experience, if you are buying Long & Lean, buy a size down. YES they will be tight at first, but deal with it by wearing them around the house for a day or so and they will be perfect. The ones I have in "my size" are just sooooo big and saggy that I wash AND DRY (who dries their jeans, really?!) every time I wear them. My Sexy Boot jeans however, are fitting great. So far my normal size fits.