PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Key Fit Strada Booster

Tondi G
10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
So we got the booster yesterday and I got the back installed. It's got a nice "locking" mechanism so it feels secure and it doesn't fall apart when you pick it up to carry it. The booster is pretty cool... height adjusts with a handle squeeze and a easy pull up on the back. Width adjusts with a dial. The one thing I noticed in pictures and is now confirmed is that the space between the seat and the arm rest is tight so getting the belt routed is not nearly as easy as the turbo booster (wish there was a way to adjust that somehow. I do think that in time the fabric will soften from use and it might help a little (everything is plush and crisp right now). The fabric is fine... some mesh and some smooth. We got the "pearl" so it's a light grey and black. Lots of zippers on it to keep the cover on secure.

So far so good with my little dude. He LOVES his new booster. He had to test it out right away in the car. Did a pretend sleep to make sure he would have head support. I love that my 60lb 5 year old is so thrilled to get a high back booster after having ridden in a backless TB for a while. Fits well in my Dodge Durango. Padding seems comfortable for my kiddo, I did notice the lap belt seeming a little high but it was raining this morning and we needed to get to school.... gonna have a closer look when we get home from school this afternoon. Oh and it's not super wide but the cup holder being installed on the side sticks out quite a bit.

Overall we are happy with it. We'll see how it holds up and if there are any complaints in the next few weeks.