PDA

View Full Version : organic raspberry leaf tea

brgnmom
10-06-2010, 06:54 PM
just picked up a box (specifically http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/RaspberryLeaf) now that I'm two weeks away from baby2 being full-term. my prior OB who delivered my DS recommended drinking this tea during the last part of my 3rd trimester... anyone else drinking this as well or planning to?

rkold
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
just picked up a box (specifically http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/RaspberryLeaf) now that I'm two weeks away from baby2 being full-term. my prior OB who delivered my DS recommended drinking this tea during the last part of my 3rd trimester... anyone else drinking this as well or planning to?

I'm not taking that brand, but I am using the raspberry leaf tea I bought from the Birthing Center. It was a happy surprise since it's one of the few pregnancy things I like the taste of and doesn't make me ill.

brgnmom
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm not taking that brand, but I am using the raspberry leaf tea I bought from the Birthing Center. It was a happy surprise since it's one of the few pregnancy things I like the taste of and doesn't make me ill.

it does taste pretty good! I just drank a cup of it, and the flavor is better than what I recall from four years ago.

bostonsmama
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
My doula wants me to drink 1/2 gallon of it (strong & warm, preferably) as soon as early active labor starts. I'm taking a prenatal vit w/ red rasp leaf extract in it right now, which I hope is "toning" the uterus, but I don't know if I'll add drinking the tea b/c I don't know if there's an upper threshold.

Firsttime
10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I have used the Yogi brand, only 1 box of it though and liked it. Effects?-dunno really because I have been active otherwise and have never really suffered from menstrual cramps. Guess may know soon since I am due anytime & I better get another pack for the active labor bit!

gcc2k
10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Okay, I'm beginning to enter my 3rd trimester and have heard of the raspberry tea, but not sure why it's good to take. The website says it tones the uterus. Should I get some?

brittone2
10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I used organic loose leaf RRL last two pregnancies. In my third pregnancy I drank quite a bit in the third tri (with my CNM's approval). It was also in my prenatal. When I brewed the loose leaf red raspberry I also added some nettles and alfalfa to the tea mix (I started my third pregnancy slightly anemic).

marymoo86
10-07-2010, 03:50 PM
That's the brand I got - like the taste! EDD is end of the month.

luv2bmommy
10-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, I took the tea all through the last trimester with PG#1 and did the gallon advice as we were driving to the ER (my water broke). I went meds free (well, until Csec was decided) and labor was quite painful but not unbearable. I had read that the tea makes labor faster and easier, and better uterine healing afterwards. Since I pushed for 2.5 hours, and baby did not come out vaginally anyways, I am not sure it worked. BUT, what scared me is that baby had bradycardia when we first got put on the monitor, as well as hypoglycemia later, two of the things I later read that the tea could cause. SO, this time around I am not sure to even take any, but definitely I will not do the gallon amount. HTH.