PDA

View Full Version : Soaps and shampoos for the kids

emily
10-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I feel like I'm over-thinking this but at what age do the kids use a separate shampoo? DD is 2.5 yrs old, has mid-back length hair that gets quite tangled during washing. We've been using just Aveeno baby body wash. Is it time to look for shampoo?

Also, what a good hand soap for the little ones? Something that isn't heavily scented?

I read something about castile soap with water? Is that good for babies too?

Has anyone tried the new J&J Natural line?

I've read great thing about CA Baby line but I don't think I want to spend that much since DD likes to "wash" herself and wastes sooo much soap in the process.

TIA!

fedoragirl
10-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Castile soap and water is perfect for babies, hand soap, counter cleanser, plant protector, everything.;) You can get a non-fragranced one. I love their peppermint one in the summer and the lavender one.
We use CA Baby shampoo/bodywash so I can't comment on any others. Sorry.

new_mommy25
10-08-2010, 07:05 AM
My kids are 4 and 7 and I stopped buying "baby" shampoo/soap. IMO, it's overpriced and I can't tell you how many times the CA Baby got accidentally spilled. We all use the same stuff-whatever the kids or I pick from Whole Foods. I like the huge bottles, especially those with a pump. Right now we have an Alba shampoo and body wash, and Whole Foods brand conditioner.

I tried the castile soap on me and found it very drying. But I do love it for cleaning. :)

jvs195
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
My favorite is CA Baby. I put it in a foaming pump dispenser to get more out of it. It really makes their hair much softer and tangle free than any other brand I've tried. I've also used Boudreaux Butt Bath, Aveeno, Burt's Bees and Kiss Kids. Still love the CA Baby when I can find a good deal on it.

christiedavid3
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
DS uses CA baby when I can find a great deal on it. Otherwise, Method Baby is good, or he just uses our Dove bar soap.

Do you use conditioner on her hair? DS's hairstylist (who only does children) recommends all children use conditioner. That would definitely help with the tangles.

I also use Johnson's No More Tangles detangling spray to tame "bed head" in the morning. I remember my mom using that on me when I was little and had super long hair. I love the smell!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-09-2010, 04:26 AM
I like Nature's Baby tangerine vanilla shamp/cond. I get the 2 pack of 16 oz with amazon S&S and now the Amazon Mom discount. $15ish for the shamp $20 is for the cond. I prefer it over CA baby.