PDA

View Full Version : Okay mamas, help me pick between these 2 shoes

conniez
10-08-2010, 03:27 AM
I bought these Boutique 9 by Nine West shoes in both the Black and the Gray color at a great price on Zappos, BUT I do have to keep just ONE :( They look kinda weird in the picture, but look pretty great on!

http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/1/7/1178217-p-DETAILED.jpg
http://l3.zassets.com/images/z/1/1/7/1178218-p-DETAILED.jpg

Black of course goes with everything, but for some reason I'm just drawn to the Gray one, too! It seems like it could be used as a "nude" shoe...u know, the one that just goes with everything and doesn't really detract from an outfit. Not sure if I'm too dark to wear this though (I'm asian with light-medium, but kinda tanned skin right now)...and I read that when you pick "nude" shoes it should be a shade similar to your skin. I dunno...anyhow your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

scriptkitten
10-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Hot! I can only see black and nude on zappos, and your VIP link wouldn't work for me so I had to search.

I love the nude, because they will be more versatile. I can only imagine that grey looks fab as well so I'll vote grey!

conniez
10-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Hot! I can only see black and nude on zappos, and your VIP link wouldn't work for me so I had to search.

I love the nude, because they will be more versatile. I can only imagine that grey looks fab as well so I'll vote grey!

Whoops! I'll try to post them as images. The gray actually does appear nude, both in the pictures and in person.

SnuggleBuggles
10-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Gray- black is a bit too harsh. I think that you really have to work to pull those off in black and maybe you can. Me? I'd feel more fab and more me in the gray (that sounds kind of boring, doesn't it;)).

Beth

conniez
10-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Gray- black is a bit too harsh. I think that you really have to work to pull those off in black and maybe you can. Me? I'd feel more fab and more me in the gray (that sounds kind of boring, doesn't it;)).

Beth

Totally get where you're coming from & I was thinking that, too. The gray is a bit more subtle (and more my age!) lol.

Maybe I should post a 5th survey option...if you don't like this shoe, what are your recommendations? I've searched Zappos for others shoes in the gray/nude/bone/taupe scheme & a lot of them are kind of bleh

babychi
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Fun shoe! I voted gray.

bluestarfish18
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Prefer the black. The gray looks to "ballroom dancing" to me.

ilfaith
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm going to vote grey because I'm guessing if you are anything like me you already have plenty of black shoes.

HonoluluMom
10-08-2010, 05:17 PM
If you love them and can afford it, get both!

The black would look great with dark colored denim, pants, etc. I think the gray would be too light.

But, the gray (which does look nude) will go better with your lighter colored outfits.

maylips
10-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I would get the gray, but only if they blended with your skin color well. If they don't, I'd get the black and wear them with tights.

Sexy Mama!