PDA

View Full Version : Free shutterfly book from Tripadvisor

oneontheway
10-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I just received an email that I got a free shutterfly book for writing a review for shutterfly. The funny part is I've only written one review and that was months ago when they were offering a free book in exchange and I used the code so check your inbox if you have previously written a review.

ckso
10-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks. I just did a review and it sent me an email about the shutterly code as well.

I wonder if it's 1 per person or if it's 1 per review?

daphne
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks for posting this! I missed mine & deleted it, but then went back & found it!!

jgenie
10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
What was the email with the code titled? I recvd an email thanking me for the review and saying I would get a code with the confirmation email but I can't seem to find a code on my email. TIA

brgnmom
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
What was the email with the code titled? I recvd an email thanking me for the review and saying I would get a code with the confirmation email but I can't seem to find a code on my email. TIA

Hi jgenie,

I received an email thanking me for the review as well, and the next day, I received another email that actually provided a code for the free shutterfly book. It expires in the end of November. So you'll receive a separate email soon with the actual code. The email was titled "Your review of [amusement park that I reviewed] has been posted" and the sender was TripAdvisor.

thank you, OP, for posting the heads' up about Tripadvisor and how it's offering a free shutterfly book in exchange for a written review.

JanBaby
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
My code was actually in the first and only email I received. It's titled "Thank You Gift From TripAdvisor" and the code is about halfway down the email. Like OP, I wrote a review ages ago the last time they were running this deal. So two free books for one review - not too shabby!

daphne
10-11-2010, 07:51 AM
My code was actually in the first and only email I received. It's titled "Thank You Gift From TripAdvisor" and the code is about halfway down the email. Like OP, I wrote a review ages ago the last time they were running this deal. So two free books for one review - not too shabby!

Same for me!

Olivia1094
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
First--Thanks OP for the heads-up. I love to make photo books and free is great!

Also--I did a review last night just to get the book. It was a review on a place I eat often and wanted to promote anyway. So if I don't get a free book, I'm still glad I did it. BUT, does anyone know how long it should take if I'm going to get one? Thanks!

mimi2008
10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
thanks. I posted my review and got the thank you email the same day. the shutterfly free book code came in an email 2 days after that. it's an 8 x 8 hardcover.

JanBaby
10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
What expiration date is everyone getting especially with the new reviews?
Mine is 11/22. I'm being greedy but I'll be doing a book right after Christmas
and free is better than $30!

AbbysMom
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks! I wrote another review and will be getting a code. I appreciate the tip!

vball4all
10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I got a code (expiring 11/22) today - almost deleted the email. I haven't written a review in a long time. I wonder if I write a new review if I will get another?

Yeah!!!! :yay:

Pinky
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I left a review and got an email thanking me for leaving it and saying that my code will be coming soon. :thumbsup:

Snow mom
10-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Awesome, I did a review a few days ago after seeing this and just got my code. Thanks OP for the heads up.

Pinky
10-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Awesome, I did a review a few days ago after seeing this and just got my code. Thanks OP for the heads up.

I did two reviews and got two codes. Do you guys know if we can use more than one if we do separate orders?

Mine expire 11/22, btw.

MMEand1
10-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks! I just got back from a trip and totally forgot to put a review up there. Did it the other night and got my code! THANKS again!!

Snow mom
10-14-2010, 01:36 PM
I did two reviews and got two codes. Do you guys know if we can use more than one if we do separate orders?

Mine expire 11/22, btw.

I'd love to know if you figure it out. It seems likely you could use a second code with a second shutterfly account. They seem to be cracking down on stacking codes in a single order though.

mimi2008
10-14-2010, 02:09 PM
i only posted 1 review. if I post another, I'll get another free book code?

jgenie
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM

I think it's YMMV - I posted three reviews but only received one code. Still hoping I might get the other two.

Pinky
10-14-2010, 02:36 PM

I posted two reviews on the same day and got two separate emails with codes a few days later.

I'm hoping they'll let me use them both as long as I place separate orders.

3boys1girl
10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I have had these codes before and in my experience you can only use one code per account.

Olivia1094
10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Anyone else do a review and not get a code? I did a review over a week ago, but I haven't recieved anything at all in my email. I checked and my review is posted, so it went through. Maybe I've reached my quota of free books?

candaceb
10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I have had these codes before and in my experience you can only use one code per account.

I got two codes, and when I tried to add the second it told me that I had already used one code from that offer. I gave the second code to my sister.