PDA

View Full Version : Question on Lands' End Return to SEARS

alien_host
10-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Do I need to put everything back in the plastic bags with the bar codes? I haven't returned something to Sears in a while and I can't remember. I have a ton of stuff to go back and am wondering if it is best to sort it out now and put them back in the bags to expedite the return or do they need to unpack all the items anyway?

I know for Gap returns they will scan the bag b/c stuff comes without tags...

hollybloom24
10-08-2010, 06:00 PM
As long as you have the receipt, I don't think you need to do that. I always bring the bags with me (if I save them.) Never had a problem.

If you have a receipt, they'll take anything back, any time and give you what you paid for it! I think it you don't have the receipt, they give you most recent price.

SnuggleBuggles
10-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Yes, keep them in the bags.

Beth

TamiRuns
10-08-2010, 06:08 PM
My experience a few months ago was this...I had the receipt but not the plastic bag. The salesperson gave me a REALLY hard time...I called LE when I got home to lodge a complaint and was told that a bag is not needed. Just for future reference they also must take anything back - period - just like the LE guarantee states, even without a receipt and that includes returns to Sears stores.

kdeunc
10-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I have always put it in the bags to make it easier. Our local Sears doens't carry the Lands End stuff anymore and I swear sometimes they act like I am trying to return something from Mars. I figure the easier I can make it the better!

TamiRuns
10-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I swear sometimes they act like I am trying to return something from Mars.

That was pretty much my experience too!

KrisM
10-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Last time, I had most bags, but not all. There is a number on the tag inside that matches to the receipt (which I had), so it wasn't an issue.

The LE desk was busy, and a Sears CS was doing my return. She said it would go on a gift card because it was past 90 days and the LE CS said, no, we take it anytime and I did get a CC credit no problem.

ett
10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
The bag makes it easier but they can definitely still do it with the tag on the clothes.

alien_host
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Great, thanks. I think I have most of the bags and thankfully all of my receipts.

jgenie
10-08-2010, 08:35 PM
If I have several orders to return at once I usually bag them separately by receipt - it makes the whole process go so much quicker.

lisa928
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Do I really need the orignal package slip or can I print the order confirmation that I have in an email?

http://www.landsend.com/customerservice/returns/

Return Internet or catalog orders at a Sears store.
Just follow these guidelines
•Bring the Lands' End items you wish to return to any Sears® store where Lands' End merchandise is sold.
•Make sure to bring the original packing slip for the items you wish to return.
•You will receive a return confirmation from Sears. Lands' End will then either credit your card, issue a refund check, or send you a Lands' End gift card, as you choose.

DrSally
10-08-2010, 10:04 PM
It makes it easier to have them in the plastic bags, but you don't have to do it that way.

ETA: It's easiest to have the packing slip, but I've been told, you can also bring the order # and date, and they can look it up. You can call CS, and they can give you that info. I called once and they even emailed me a copy of the receipt.

mousemom
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM
One time I returned with a receipt, but without the plastic bag and they gave me a hard time. (Although they did finally do it.) Since then, I always make sure to put everything back in the plastic bags.

Melarina
10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I've done many LE returns at Sears without plastic bags and never had a problem. I've also done returns with email confirmation and only once had an issue but they called CS and took care of it with minimum fuss. I guess it depends on the associate and the store to a certain extent?

hopeful_mama
10-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Do I really need the orignal package slip or can I print the order confirmation that I have in an email?

I've returned with the plastic bag but not the packing slip (or the order confirmation) - the bag has the order information right on it, according to the associate who assisted me.

xmasbabycomin
10-09-2010, 12:25 AM
In my experience it depends on who's working that day (or maybe the day of the week, the manager on duty or my horoscope)-seriously.

sansdieu
10-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Most of the clothes I buy from LE online have no tags of any kind. That's why I always put my stuff back in the original bags, which have the barcode/ item name/#. They can try to figure it out from your receipt, but what if you buy 7 different pairs of dark denim jeans, as I once did? How will the poor associate figure out which is which?

ett
10-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Most of the clothes I buy from LE online have no tags of any kind. That's why I always put my stuff back in the original bags, which have the barcode/ item name/#. They can try to figure it out from your receipt, but what if you buy 7 different pairs of dark denim jeans, as I once did? How will the poor associate figure out which is which?

I believe there is a number on the tag with the size/washing instructions/etc. that they can punch into the system. (not the paper tag attached with the tagging gun, as most of the online stuff doesn't have those.)

alien_host
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I have a huge order that somethings need to go back. I'm still deciding on a few items. Is it better to return everything at one time or can I return some now and some later?

I don't like holding on to stuff longer than it needs to but DH is trying to decide on some pants.

ett
10-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I have a huge order that somethings need to go back. I'm still deciding on a few items. Is it better to return everything at one time or can I return some now and some later?

I don't like holding on to stuff longer than it needs to but DH is trying to decide on some pants.

I've returned stuff from the same receipt at several different times. I don't think it really matters to them.

alien_host
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I've returned stuff from the same receipt at several different times. I don't think it really matters to them.

Ok great, the last time I did it they ripped off the "return" label section on the bottom, I didn't know if they need it each time. I need to get over to Sears!

ett
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Ok great, the last time I did it they ripped off the "return" label section on the bottom, I didn't know if they need it each time. I need to get over to Sears!

Yup, they always do that but you don't need it each time.