PDA

View Full Version : How do old navy Jean sizes compare to other brands?

jess_g
10-09-2010, 10:48 AM
How do old navy womens jeans compare to other brands? I have some old navy jeans in size 6 that fit everywhere but are way too big in the waist. They are the high waisted sweetheart ones. I am wondering if the waist is just made big and other size 6 jeans would fit better.

Jessica

brittone2
10-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I think they are vanity sized for sure, and w/ the extra stretch to them, I know mine get droopy after a few hours.

I just picked up a pair of dreamers and skinnies and like them both, but I think I could have sized down even more.

I know some people also say ON's quality varies and two pairs of the same style and size of jean may fit differently.

Momof3Labs
10-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes, I have two pairs of the same style ON jean in the same size that fit VERY differently. They do fit okay when I put them on and then start to sag a few hours later.

lizzywednesday
10-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I stopped wearing them pre-baby because the sizing is so inconsistent!

IMO, they run small. I hate the way they cut the legs, especially in the larger sizes that I buy. (The smallest ON jean I've ever worn is an 8.)

octmom
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I think the sizing varies by style. I wear a 4 in the sweetheart style jeans and cords (DEFINITELY vanity sizing), but I just bought a 6 in the flirt skinny jeans on sale yesterday. I haven't worn them yet, but I hope they don't get really saggy after a few hours. I have one pair of sweetheart cords in 6 from last winter that is noticeably saggy/ too big once I have worn them for a few hours. I remember trying on another style not that long ago and the 4 was waaaay to small, the 6 was even kind of tight. I didn't buy them, so I don't remember which style they were.

citymama
10-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Vanity sized and designed for women with a bootay. Mine start out fitting OK and fall off me by the end of the day.