PDA

View Full Version : Bath necessities (and indispensables)

Ms B
10-09-2010, 06:33 PM
New reader/poster here. DH and I are in the process of preparing to register, but the stores (and websites) are pretty overwhelming. We have been working through one category at a time (carseat, stroller, clothes, etc.) and have reached bath items.

What did you find that you could not live without for bath time? Is there any bath seat or sling that actually works in a regular tub? What bath products should we have ready when our little one comes home and what can we wait to get down the road?

Your help is much appreciated!! :)

hillview
10-09-2010, 06:43 PM
euro bath tub is large but great. California Baby products. Lots of wash cloths and some towels.

http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0

Welcome!
/hillary

SnuggleBuggles
10-09-2010, 06:49 PM
With ds1 we had some Target bath tub offering that fit on our counter in the bathroom. I really thought it was convenient. With ds2 we had the Eurobath tub and, for us, it took up almost too much storage space. We didn't use it for very long and we just went to regular tun baths with me in there with him holding him.

In our baby care class they taught us to clean baby's head first then cover it with a hooded towel or hat. I liked our hooded towels, we had a bout 2. I also liked the thin Gerber washcloths. Pre-kids I thought baby wash cloths were a rip off. But the size and thinness of them was just easy for me to use for bath time. The ingredients in cleaners concern me so I opted for California Baby body wash. We rarely used the CA Baby lotion because if you don't do every day baths (more like 2-3 times/ week in our case) their skin retains more natural oils, at least in my experience.

You don't really need much for bath time in the early days and weeks. Bath toys when older- don't get the kind that suck up water and squirt it unless you are diligent about cleaning regularly. Nasty germs and gook like to live in there and most kids love to squirt that water in their mouths. eww....

Beth

salsah
10-09-2010, 07:19 PM
euro bath tub is large but great. California Baby products. Lots of wash cloths and some towels.

http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0

Welcome!
/hillary

:yeahthat: we used our euro bath on the counter and in the tub. we also used CA baby products but recently tried burt's bees baby wash and i like it too. you don't need special "baby" wash clothes or towels, any will do. (i did like using hooded towels, but they are not necessary.) the only bath product you need now is the shampoo/wash. eventually you might like to get a moisturizer (ca baby makes a safe lotion, natural oils, like coconut, are safe too, aquaphor is safe and works well and can help with diaper rash too . . .). you don't need baby powder or baby oil.

crl
10-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I skipped the baby bath tub altogether and bath dd in the kitchen sink, so that is an option. We use CA Baby sensitive body wash/shampoo and CA Baby sensitive lotion. I like baby wash clothes, but just use our bath towel to wrap dd up and dry her off. No need for bath toys for awhile and with my older ds, his favorites were just a plastic pitcher and some plastic cups.

Catherine