PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain Might Beanz to me

katydid1971
10-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I was looking at these at TRU today, I don't get them. Do kids just collect them or what?
Thanks

MolieMuts
10-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes, mainly you just collect them. They also have tracks you can roll them down and some different games that you can play, but DS1 mainly just wanted to collect all of them. He loved it last year, this year he is not so much into them. He and a few other boys in his class would trade for the ones they needed. They are pretty cute, but this series has too many to collect: a Stars Wars set, Marvel Heroes, and the regular series.

MichelleRC
10-10-2010, 08:08 AM
My boys love Mighty Beanz. Aside from the collecting part, they create ramps out of whatever they find to make them "walk". They are relatively inexpensive and some of them are pretty funny looking.

kboyle
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
pretty much my boys just collect them too...it's a good cheap $5 "prize" that i can pick up for the boys if they are good on a looong trip at walmart or target.

Corie
10-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I never got the mighty beans thing either.

hellokitty
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
They are REALLY dumb!!! DS1 got a freebie one with some other toy. He kept taking it out of the playroom into the family room where the baby was. Well, it is THE perfect choking hazard for a baby or toddler, so into the trash it went. b/c he had been warned several times already. Well, a few wks ago a friend gave DS2 a set of these stupid beanz again. I told them that if it came into the family room, they would automatically be thrown into the trash. Well, after only two hrs in our home, into the trash they went. I was already annoyed, b/c my friend included a gift receipt and I was going to exchange it for something else, but DS1 ripped open the pkging while I wasn't looking. It is an annoying toy, they don't, "do" anything and they are ugly looking.

My friend's son has a whole bunch of them (and a toddler), and he doesn't really, "do" anything with them. He has them in some special beanz container (which is IMO a way to rip off parents to buy some dumb accessory that a ziplock bag or box could serve), and just carries it around and shakes it and then they get lost around the house for her toddler to get a hold of. Sorry for the vent, I just think that these are the dumbest toys ever and out of all of the toys my kids have ever had, these are pretty close to #1 on the most irritating/dumb toy list.