PDA

View Full Version : Getting excited about upcoming trip!

liz
10-10-2010, 07:51 AM
First off, I want to thank everyone for their invaluable information that I have gotten over the last few months. That is how I found disboards.com and the Unofficial Guide- they have been so great in planning my trip.

This is my itinerary:
10/19- arrival, DTD
10/20-MK
10/21- character breakfast (and DS3 1st Bday-sniff) Epcot
10/22-AK
10/23-MK (probably 1/2 day)
10/24-Epcot (probably 1/2 day)
10/25-MK (dining reservation at MK, DH 40th bday)
10/26-departure day

I was happy with my plans until I stumbled upon a free touring guide website (easywdw.com) and found out some of our days are not recommended. Oh well. We plan on being at the parks first thing (thanks to our natural alarm clock, DS3), taking long afternoon nap breaks and then returning some days to the parks. I have a special surprise for DH for his bday- I will have to post pics after the trip. If any of the other BBBers will be at the parks that day, let me know. Realistically, it would probably be too hard to meet up, but it is kind of cool to know that some of us will be there at the same time.

TwinFoxes
10-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Have a great time! Don't forget to get birthday celebration buttons. Two birthdays, so cool!

clc053103
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
It's a great time of year to go- even the "crowded" days really aren't that crowded!

cheri
10-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Liz,

I'm getting excited too! It looks like we'll be in the same places on several days!

Here are our plans:
Wednesday (10/20) MK
Thursday (10/21) Epcot (Princess Breakfast at 10:50)
Friday (10/22) AK
Saturday (10/23) Epcot
Sunday (10/24) MK (Crystal Palace Breakfast at 10:10) (MNSSHP)
Monday (10/25) DHS
Tuesday (10/26) MK

This board is how I found the DisBoards, too. :)

WatchingThemGrow
10-10-2010, 01:57 PM
10/25 pool hopping
10/26 MK (princess breakfast)

Looks like we'll miss you Liz, but may cross paths with you cheri! We're only there for a couple days since we're in the area visiting grandparents.

Your trip sounds like a LOT of fun! I'll be looking fwd to hearing what your surprise for DH's 40th bday is!!!

liz
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm getting excited too! It looks like we'll be in the same places on several days! :)

Hey, cool! I just started packing today. I heard the weather was in the 80's during the day and 50's at night- I guess we'll be bringing some warmer jackets to wear. Only a week to go!

TwinFoxes
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey, cool! I just started packing today. I heard the weather was in the 80's during the day and 50's at night- I guess we'll be bringing some warmer jackets to wear. Only a week to go!

BTW, where are you staying?

I'm in withdrawal mode. :)

liz
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
BTW, where are you staying?

I'm in withdrawal mode. :)

SSR- not our first choice, but are super happy we got a 1BR villa. I had a post a few months back about trying to get a DVC rental, but it fell through because ALL of the (DVC) rooms were booked throughout WDW during our stay. We lucked out getting a pin code, so that helped us to afford a 1BR. I was soooo hoping for BLT, mainly because you could walk to MK. Oh well, maybe next time.

I am at the point in my planning that I feel I have to step away from it and just let us experience it all as it comes. The disboards are addicting. I am sure we will make some "mistakes". My only real worries are the crowds and the bussing.

ETA: I should add that travelling and finding deals on flights, hotels, etc is one of my favorite past-times. This Disney trip was somewhat of a last minute decision, and let me tell you I was shocked by the amount of information there is about Disney. I mean, the disboards have thousands of people posting everyday. Whew!! With my love for planning vacations, it was easy for me to get swept away with all of the information. But it is fun, fun, fun and I can't wait for the trip!

liz
10-12-2010, 11:00 AM
10/25 pool hopping
10/26 MK (princess breakfast)

Looks like we'll miss you Liz, but may cross paths with you cheri! We're only there for a couple days since we're in the area visiting grandparents.

Your trip sounds like a LOT of fun! I'll be looking fwd to hearing what your surprise for DH's 40th bday is!!!

Too bad! We'll have to compare notes after the trip. Have a great trip!