PDA

View Full Version : A Brief Jones Funny

elizabethkott
10-10-2010, 10:46 PM
S's christening is on Sunday. DH's family is all coming down from MA. We discovered (a bit late) that ALL and I mean ALL the local hotels within easy driving distance were booked. DH knew that Mr. and Mrs. Jones will be out of town, so he asked Mr. Jones if some of his family could stay there - we can house some, but not all at our own place.
Mr. Jones said sure! No problem! Awesometasticness from the Joneses! Yay Joneses! :cheerleader1:

So last night we're out at a party that the Joneses are at, and DH mentions to Mrs. Jones that he'll be stopping by today to pick up the key since Mr. Jones will be out of town on business for most of the week.

"Why do you need a key?" she asks.
"For my family. The christening is next weekend."
"Wait. Your family is staying at our house?"

MR. JONES DIDN'T

1) DISCUSS WITH HIS WIFE THAT STRANGERS MIGHT BE STAYING IN THEIR HOUSE

AND/OR

2) INFORM HIS WIFE THAT STRANGERS WOULD BE STAYING IN THEIR HOUSE.

I would have paid a great deal of money to have been able to witness their discussion about this last night. A Great Deal of Money.

SummerBaby
10-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Love it!!!!!! :) :) :)

elephantmeg
10-11-2010, 08:01 AM
lol! that is going to go over well... he he

misshollygolightly
10-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Ha! Serves her right, though, for all the times she's been so insensitive and imposed herself on y'all. I'll be curious as to whether or not they actually give you the key as promised or it somehow "slips their minds" on the way out of town.

swissair81
10-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Do your family members still have a place to stay?

WatchingThemGrow
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
That's funny! Really funny.:hysterical:

KrisM
10-11-2010, 10:39 AM
So is she letting them stay? I can totally see my DH not telling me about something like this, too. Not sure what I'd do at the last minute either. It's a lot to get ready for houseguests on a short-term and I'm not sure I'd let them stay.

elizabethkott
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
No, they're still staying there. Which is really awesome, because I think our family would be a bit miffed with tents in our backyard!
I'd personally KILL my DH if he pulled something like that on me. I mean, that's a pretty big deal - people coming over to stay in your house? I'd be going nuts the week before cleaning and setting up! I actually feel bad for Mrs. Jones on this one.
When DH went yesterday to get the key, he said Mrs. Jones was furiously vacuuming the living room. I'd be sitting on the couch drinking a bottle of wine watching my HUSBAND do that if he pulled that stunt.

Andi98989
10-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I was just thinking the other day that I wondered what the Joneses are up to!

niccig
10-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd personally KILL my DH if he pulled something like that on me. I mean, that's a pretty big deal - people coming over to stay in your house? I'd be going nuts the week before cleaning and setting up! I actually feel bad for Mrs. Jones on this one.
When DH went yesterday to get the key, he said Mrs. Jones was furiously vacuuming the living room. I'd be sitting on the couch drinking a bottle of wine watching my HUSBAND do that if he pulled that stunt.

I agree with you. I feel sorry for Mrs Jones too. And my DH would be doing all the prep work.

We have family friends that often stay at our house if we're out of town for Christmas. It's worked out well that when we're out of town, they're coming to town to see their son/brother. We let them stay at our house and drive our car - DH has known them since high school, and we like to have someone around to check on things, so it's worked out well. BUT, it is a lot of work to get ready for house guests. I would be fuming and DH would be dead if he didn't give me a heads up about houseguests.

mom2binsd
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Now you can really search for that missing chip dip bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

KpbS
10-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Now you can really search for that missing chip dip bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Excellent idea! :)

nicoleandjackson
10-11-2010, 11:38 PM
I'd be sitting on the couch drinking a bottle of wine watching my HUSBAND do that if he pulled that stunt.

:yeahthat:

Thank you for posting! I was thinking just the other day that it was WAY too quiet on the Jones front...

LadyPeter
10-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Ah, Mr. Jones. We knew him well. Now he sleeps with the fishies.

wendibird22
10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
You should ask your family to "strategically" rearrange some things in the Jones residence. You know, just enough to make it seem "off" but not enough for anyone to put their finger on what's different.

gatorsmom
10-13-2010, 08:30 AM
thanks, Liz, for that funny Jones update. :ROTFLMAO: I'm really surprised to read that Mrs. Jones was actually vacuuming since she has never really seemed too concerned about her guests' comfort. But, it does seem like a nice set up.

And yeah, I'd agree with the other posters that DH would actually be the one making beds and vacuuming if he tried pulling that stunt on me. :6: