PDA

View Full Version : FLYLady SuperFlingBoogie Week 4: Bathrooms & Kids Rooms

MoJo
10-11-2010, 07:05 AM
http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp

Monday's mission #1 is to clean the toilet bottom and behind it. She said "main bathroom," but I'm sure both of ours need this.

Mission #2 is to throw away any obvious trash in the kids' rooms.

In the spirit of "SuperFlingBoogie," which seems to have been lost in the official missions, I'm going to add looking around the bathrooms and removing things that don't belong.

MoJo
10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Tuesday's missions are
1) clean the bathroom trash cans
2) 27-fling boogie in the kid's room

For those of you who don't follow FLYLady, a "27-fling-boogie" is where you grab a trash bag and find 27 things to throw away. Or you could do the same thing with a donation bag or box.

The link with the details is in post #1.

KrisM
10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I need to do this. I probalby won't though :bag. My back is sore and I am not getting down to do the toilet. The kids rooms really need help, but they'll have to wait until after this weekend. I'm trying to get everything ready for a mom2mom sale on Saturday morning. Sorting clothes now and working on toys tonight...

MoJo
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
That's why I post the basics each day in addition to the link. . . you can come back to it after the sale, or after the "boogie" is over.

MoJo
10-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Wednesday's missions:

1) Bathroom: clean out the medicine cabinet. Get rid of medicines that are empty, expired, or no longer used. In addition to FLYLady's mission, I'll add MAKE SURE YOUR MEDICINES ARE SECURE. My mom knows two toddlers who have been in the hospital this week after getting into medicine at home.

2) Kids' rooms: Sock boogie! (You'd have to be able to FIND their socks to do this. . . and I always have a terrible time with this. :bag Any suggestions?)

lizzywednesday
10-13-2010, 03:17 PM

2) Kids' rooms: Sock boogie! (You'd have to be able to FIND their socks to do this. . . and I always have a terrible time with this. :bag Any suggestions?)

What kind of finding? Like finding dirty ones to put into the hamper? Or finding them once you've done laundry?

We use mesh bags for DD's socks, bibs and hats so they don't get lost in the hamper or stuck to any of her clothes in the wash. I will add mittens to the list once I buy her some.

Would your crew be game for using a drawstring mesh bag for collecting their dirty socks? My mom gave my brother Joe and I a pair of mesh bags when we realized our brother Ger was pilfering our clean socks from the laundry basket so we always knew which stuff was ours. (She wrote our names on them in permanent laundry marker.)

MoJo
10-14-2010, 06:55 AM
What kind of finding? Like finding dirty ones to put into the hamper? Or finding them once you've done laundry?

All of that. . . Jelly Bean is in the stage of loving to dress and undress herself. . . so she might have taken off dirty ones and left them somewhere. . . or she might have pulled clean ones out of her drawer to play with . . . or sometimes one sock gets in one load of laundry, and the other in another load. . . and then some get dropped near the washer.

I've switched to mostly all-white socks of the same size so that any socks I do find can be worn together.

Thanks for the idea of the mesh bag. That would keep them together through the laundry at least. I'm trying to teach her what to do with dirty clothes. . . but right now, that means most of the time she just leaves them wherever and sometimes puts CLEAN clothes in the laundry. She will learn. . . and I will be patient.

MoJo
10-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Thursday's missions (it's finally Thursday!) are
1) Thoroughly clean the bathroom sink
2) Wipe fingerprints off the light switch plate and doors/doorknobs in kid's room.

I think I should clean the CHALK off the door and the fingerprints off the WINDOW in Jelly Bean's room instead.

(The chalk on the door is DH's fault. He wrote with chalk on a door to try to mark her height, and now she thinks it's an acceptable alternative to the chalkboard. At least it's better than marker on the wall!)

KrisM
10-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh, I need to do this. Finger prints are eveywhere here. And the bathroom sink is full of tooth paste again :).

MoJo
10-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Friday's missions:

Bathroom: Mop! I'm going to count mine as done since I managed to spill water all over the floor already this morning.

Kid's rooms: Clean up the "dumping ground." With a 2-year old, this is literally the floor in her room.

MoJo
10-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Jo's made-up bonus mission for the weekend: Declutter and organize the linen closet! Mine is in my bathroom and working on it has been a goal all summer.

My plan is to pull everything out, get rid of stuff I'll never use, then put it back with the toiletries in baskets. There's a lot of shampoos and moisturizers and such that I need to go through. And I want to make a clear spot on the shelf for the towels, instead of putting them on top of something else.

jgenie
10-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Jo's made-up bonus mission for the weekend: Declutter and organize the linen closet! Mine is in my bathroom and working on it has been a goal all summer.

My plan is to pull everything out, get rid of stuff I'll never use, then put it back with the toiletries in baskets. There's a lot of shampoos and moisturizers and such that I need to go through. And I want to make a clear spot on the shelf for the towels, instead of putting them on top of something else.

I'm doing this one!!