PDA

View Full Version : gap 40% off in stores today

lil_acorn
10-11-2010, 07:47 AM
saw that it is 40% off all items in store at gap today (45% with a gap card). Today's a great day to use that groupon!

groundhog74
10-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Do you think you can use the Groupon with the 40% off? It sounds like it is a sale, but my email also says "CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS OR DISCOUNTS. "

poohbear
10-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Do you think you can use the Groupon with the 40% off? It sounds like it is a sale, but my email also says "CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS OR DISCOUNTS. "

No, probably not. If they have to manually enter the discount at the register (which I'm sure they do today because it is a one day discount), you cannot use the groupon, because that also is manually adjusted at the register.
You can use the groupon on the 40% off sale because that is automatically taken off at the register. Anything that has to be entered by the cashier CANNOT be combined.
HTH!

lil_acorn
10-11-2010, 08:48 AM
when I called the cashier said it was automatic (the 40%) so she thought we could use the groupon.

KrisM
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
No, probably not. If they have to manually enter the discount at the register (which I'm sure they do today because it is a one day discount), you cannot use the groupon, because that also is manually adjusted at the register.
You can use the groupon on the 40% off sale because that is automatically taken off at the register. Anything that has to be entered by the cashier CANNOT be combined.
HTH!

So, do you think we can or can NOT use teh groupon? First you say no, and then yes. I'm hoping to get there today and just wonder what to expect.

groundhog74
10-11-2010, 11:10 AM
When I called, my Gap said you can't use the Groupon.

Multimama
10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I used my groupon when they had 25% off the whole store so I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with 40% off the whole store.

candaceb
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I just got back and I used the groupon. It is in the computer - each item on my receipt has a groupon discount listed in addition to the 40% off. I paid a total of $3.97 out of pocket and my total discount was $99.79! I used the Groupon plus a gift card that had about $20 on it.

sewarsh
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I had 2 Group-ons and successfully used them today on 2 different transactions.

Got loads of supersoft and therma T's for me, winter hats and holiday clothes for kids. Total of 2 transactions = $9 + 25 groupon + 25 groupon = $59 for 13 items.

Yeah!

firstbaby
10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Grrr, my Gap (babyGap) did NOT let me use the Groupon. I was totally annoyed and pushed it, but they were very firm that it could not be used.

lchang25000
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
While I was checking out earlier, the person beside me was able to use the Groupon. This was at BabyGap.

sujathas
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
how do you get a gap groupon coupon?

Babymakes3
10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
how do you get a gap groupon coupon?

About a month ago Groupon had Gap coupons, they were a $50 coupon for $25. It was probably their biggest hit on Groupon ever, the site actually was down for a while from overload! I hope they bring it back soon!

lablover
10-11-2010, 01:45 PM
I used my Groupon today.

ECMom
10-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Grrr, my Gap (babyGap) did NOT let me use the Groupon. I was totally annoyed and pushed it, but they were very firm that it could not be used.

I wasn't able to use my Groupon today either. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to!

babybunny
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I used my Groupon Coupon in store today (Willowbrook Mall - Wayne, NJ)

I got basics - socks, undershirts, pair of balck sweat pants, black cords, etc.

skohng
10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
i put a bunch of stuff on hold at gapkids during my lunch.

SA said we could use the groupon. (this is the chicago north ave location) i got for ds2:

1. warmest jacket
2. 3 tops
3. pair of jeans

and would have to pay maybe $2 OOP after groupon. not too shabby!

AJP
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
They let me use my last groupon today too! My SA said she wasn't sure but couldn't see why not if the computer took it. I am pretty sure the 40% is a sale and they don't have to key in the discount as a coupon. Therefore the groupon discount is entered and presto! Or something like that anyway. ;)
I heard an other SA tell someone they could have used a coupon that they left at home. It doesn't hurt to ask. I know they are much stricter at my more local mall and I'm glad we chose the more helpful & lenient gap today (Newington NH).

MomtoNico
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
I couldnt use my groupon coupon today:(

I live about a 1/2 an hour from Newington. I probably shoudl have gone there. I love that mall. Did someone say I could use it at the outlet?

cntrymoon2
10-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I was able to use my groupon today, no problems. The store was packed though, and lots of other people in line were using their groupons. It was definitely worth the trip- I got $182 worth of baby clothes for $4.74 out of pocket plus the $25 cost of the groupon.

groundhog74
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I guess STL has sucky Gaps. Both stores I called said no to using the Groupon.

Beth24
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I just got back. The groupon works the 40% comes off automatically at the register. I couldn't get the 45% off though and use the groupon bc they had to apply the 45% manually. It was such a zoo at the store I went to! But it was worth it. I got 2 pair of jeans and some khakis for my husband. I didn't even shop for the kids for a change!

salsah
10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
my gap was a zoo! the lines were insane. i left with out anything (partially because i didn't find anything that i wanted right away and partially because i knew that even if i found something, i wouldn't have time to wait in a line that long to get it since i had to pick up dd from school).

i have a feeling that i will never get use my groupon.

KrisM
10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Went to one store and found nothing worth buying for me :(. I hope I can get out tonight for another shot!

emilykate
10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
My friend and had a terrible experience at the Henderson NV Gap today. As soon as my friend reached the counter (after waiting in line forever mind you) the cashier said "using a groupon?" and was totally fine with it. Then right as she was paying a manager (or regional manager because I heard her say "I have to go to MY store now") walked behind her and said, "We're not accepting Groupons today." I pressed her on it and she emphatically told me it said it can NOT be used with any other offers.

We also called the Gap at LV Townsquare and they said on the phone they would not accept it today.

Grr. It seems to me if the computer accepts it then that should be the policy for ALL the stores. It shouldn't be the manager's opinion.

mmama
10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
So weird. My gap didn't have any signs advertising the 40% off. When I went to the register the SA asked if I wanted more Gap Body b/c it was 30% off. I said I thought the whole store was 40% off and she said, "oh, you have that discount? The manager will have to come over and override the system." The manager gave me the discount after everything rang up with the tagged price. Noone in that store is getting 40% off unless they specifically ask for it.

lchang25000
10-11-2010, 04:50 PM
My SA knew about the 40-45% off, but she had to manually type in the discount. I got there at 10am to avoid the long lines!

TwinFoxes
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
No Groupon at the mall I went to. I called one further out, they said yes. I don't have time to go out there though. I did send Gap an email saying WTF? Fat load of good it will do, I'm sure.

firstbaby
10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
TwinFoxes - was Fair Oaks one of the malls you tried by chance? That was the one that told me no Groupon earlier today. Just curious if they stood by that or started taking them. I was in there right when they opened.

lil_acorn
10-11-2010, 06:10 PM
I was able to use mine today!

happymom
10-11-2010, 06:36 PM
My GAP has the most obnoxious sales clerks. I seriously don't know what their problem is! Whenever I am there, they barely speak and just glare at everyone. I am always super friendly, so I really just don't understand it. Maybe the manager is mean and just puts them all in bad moods, who knows? Anyways, I asked the saleswoman about using Groupon and she said no. I told her some of my friends (thats y'all! :waving4:) were able to use theirs, and she huffed and puffed and said she'd try. Guess what? It worked! Of course, she didn't actually SAY so, but I realized when the total was much less than expected.

jvs195
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
My Gap (a small one) was a zoo, long line and very messed up/picked over. I spent over an hour debating what to get and almost walked out with nothing. I heard an irate woman at the counter being told no on the Groupon and I stuck up for her and said it worked at other stores and it worked with the 25% off. The woman checking out insisted they try and the cashiers decided not to fight it. I got the "it's not supposed to be used, but we'll let you..." I'm not LOVING what I got, but I got jeans for me, a long sleeve tshirt and a sweater originally $89. I paid $15 plus my $25 groupon. I put back the stuff for the kids because they honestly have too much and there were no good sale items remaining.

emily_gracesmama
10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
No trouble using the gorupon but my store was a zoo and the line took about 20 mins. I have never seen it so crazy and I've been there when they have had other 40% off and the 30% give and gets.

twinsmama
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I was able to use my Groupon. Finally! I was so afraid I would never get to use it before its expiration date!

AJP
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I couldnt use my groupon coupon today:(

I live about a 1/2 an hour from Newington. I probably shoudl have gone there. I love that mall. Did someone say I could use it at the outlet?

I'm just under 30 min away too. I have 2 "nicer" malls a little closer but prefer the gymbo & gap here and its never crazy busy!! The SA's are actually friendly too. I also like the Methuen, MA store but they tend to sell out of everything sooner. Don't think they take the groupon at the outlet.

skohng
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
i put a bunch of stuff on hold at gapkids during my lunch.

SA said we could use the groupon. (this is the chicago north ave location) i got for ds2:

1. warmest jacket
2. 3 tops
3. pair of jeans

and would have to pay maybe $2 OOP after groupon. not too shabby!

well, nevermind. I went back after work and waited 30 minutes in line only to find out I couldn't use the groupon. The manager there was pretty obnoxious about it, despite the fact that an SA told me earlier I could. Ah well. Wasn't in the mood to put up a fight.

Sweetum
10-12-2010, 02:09 AM
:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:
someone please kick my b*tt! I went all the way to gap store today with my mom in tow, stood in the lines for the fitting room and most of the check out line and then decided to come away because DH is the one with the gap card not me - didn't realize it was 40% off everything for everyone and 45% off for gap card holders...poor mom was feeling bad that I didn't buy my clothes...and now I feel like such an idoit...
ETA: and I kept asking the associates if there was any way I could use DH's card and not one told me (not their fault) that 40% off was regardless of card.

lowrioh
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
So weird. My gap didn't have any signs advertising the 40% off. When I went to the register the SA asked if I wanted more Gap Body b/c it was 30% off. I said I thought the whole store was 40% off and she said, "oh, you have that discount? The manager will have to come over and override the system." The manager gave me the discount after everything rang up with the tagged price. Noone in that store is getting 40% off unless they specifically ask for it.

When I went to the Gap yesterday there were no signs in store either so I asked the sales person about it and they told me that the email was sent out by mistake and that none of the stores were prepared for the sale and had no code to enter into the system for the discount. According to them, that meant that the manager had to do all the transactions by overriding the system. They were giving the discount to everyone though.

I got some great deals on stuff for me and my DD AND the sales people and managers were very friendly at the store (Bowie, MD) but they weren't terribly busy which probably makes a difference.
I didn't have a Groupon so I don't know if it would work.

mom2mack&max
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I was able to use my Groupon too. Finally! Like many others have stated the store was crazy busy and lines very long. But worth it!

MomtoNico
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
I went to the Methuen Loop on. I was one of the firs people in line so I did OK. I will have to make my way to Newington soon. But I spent too much money yesterday.

TwinFoxes
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
TwinFoxes - was Fair Oaks one of the malls you tried by chance? That was the one that told me no Groupon earlier today. Just curious if they stood by that or started taking them. I was in there right when they opened.

Just saw this, yep it was Fair Oaks. The little blondish sales clerk who seemed to be the manager said no. She told someone who was a couple of people ahead of me, and wouldn't back down, and I tried too. I called Dulles Towne Center, and they said yes.

What annoys me, is there seemed to be no policy, it was just open to interpretation.

jvs195
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Just saw this, yep it was Fair Oaks. The little blondish sales clerk who seemed to be the manager said no. She told someone who was a couple of people ahead of me, and wouldn't back down, and I tried too. I called Dulles Towne Center, and they said yes.

What annoys me, is there seemed to be no policy, it was just open to interpretation.

They took mine at Dulles Towne Center

calebsmama03
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
No Groupon at the mall I went to. I called one further out, they said yes. I don't have time to go out there though. I did send Gap an email saying WTF? Fat load of good it will do, I'm sure.

Let us know. Mine said no, as well. Should be ok at ALL if it's OK at one (or many, as seems to be the case).