PDA

View Full Version : Lululemon vs. regular (cheaper) yoga pants

maylips
10-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Okay, lululemon lovers....tell me why $98 yoga pants are *so* much better than, say the 2/$50 Victoria's Secret yoga pants - both of which I can get in a tall size? I don't live near a store or outlet to catch a deal, so I need your help in justifying that high price.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-11-2010, 09:15 PM
i don't know what it is exactly, but i love Lulelemon clothing and think they are totally worth the $$$. i only have 2 pairs of Lululemon pants..."Groove" pant and a cropped version (and i have yoga pants of others as well) so i'll try to give a comparison.

first of all, the lulu fabric is different..it feels like it's just better quality. i have a pair of Old Navy yoga pants that started having a few threads come loose and some holes poking through in the seams. not in the Lululemons.

Also, at least one pair of my Lululemons (the Groove pant, i think) is reversible, which is nice. i rarely see that in the cheaper brands. And the ones i have have a little pocket on the inside for a gym/ID card.

And he stretchability of the fabric is amazing. It has a way of stretching a ton but not so it's uncomfortable or that it looks weird. For example, to my prenatal yoga class i was able to wear my (non-maternity) Lulu pants with a Lulu yoga top when i was 36 weeks pregnant with zero problems whatsoever. It didn't even feel tight. I couldn't really do the same with other brand workout clothes..it just didn't stretch enough (or if it did it felt tight).

Also, i think that with Lulu yoga pants if you buy it they can hem the bottoms for free if they're too long (i've never had to do this though, i have super-long legs).

npace19147
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I liked my lululemon pants - until I noticed all the pilling between the thigh area. I googled it and seems to be a known problem with their pants - if your thighs rub when you walk, then odds are good you will get the pilling. I was really disappointed b/c they were so much $ and they did look good, but the pilling made it look sloppy. Everyone I know who doesn't have the thigh issue loves them though!

bubbaray
10-12-2010, 12:05 AM
They make my non-firm butt look like it used to -- firm and in shape.

Need I say more??

sunnyside
10-12-2010, 12:39 AM
I'll agree with all of the above.

I also was able to wear my lululemon pants nearly all the way through my pregnancy and am now wearing them again at 40 pounds over my preprego weight. I wore them at least two days a week while I was pregnant and I won't say they are still perfect, but they have held up incredibly. When I lose the weight I'll be getting another pair as a treat.

elektra
10-12-2010, 12:44 AM
I love mine too. 1 pair is definitely worth it.
However my issue is that I bought all 4 pair I own, literally the day before I gave birth to DS. So they are all a little too big now.