PDA

View Full Version : Go to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIU8
10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I think I'm going insane. DD, when she naps at school, is up until at least 10 pm. On days she doesn't nap, she falls asleep around 8 pm and wakes up around 2 am (is up for 1-4 hours) and then falls asleep for a bit again. Her preschool teacher insists it's a cycle of being overtired. So, she rubbed her back today and DD slept for 1 hour. It's now after 10 and DD is WIDE AWAKE. I've told them that if she naps on her own, fine, but please do not PUT HER DOWN (ie--rub her back etc...). We were in a cycle where she wasn't napping but would get up at night and it was lasting 1 hour or less (better than normal). I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! This is worse than having a newborn b/c I've got the sleep deprived stupor and a 3 and 6 yr old and it's just NOT ending.

DS, while he was hard to get to sleep, would sleep the entire night (and still does). How I wish DD would take a hint from her big brother......

DietCokeLover
10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. We have sleep issues here too and I am in a permanent state of grumpy because of sleep deprivation. Tell that preschool teacher that the next time she puts your DD to sleep, she is coming to spend the night with her.