PDA

View Full Version : Another stroller question!

LarsMal
10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Is it worth the extra money to get the Classic double from OSR or will we be okay with the City Mini double that is a little bit cheaper through Magic Strollers? (And no, I don't own either so I don't know the answer!)

**I'm taking the P3 and want a double so we have all three kids covered. L&M are both on the smaller side- 25-50th for height and weight. 3.9 and 5 yo.

TwinFoxes
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I posted in your other thread, but we were happy with the BJCMD we own. How much more is the Classic? Our kids are small two year olds, so with the added weight, a classic might be nice. Keep in mind, you'll be keeping it in your room, so you might want the smaller BJCMD. (I'm a big help!)

LarsMal
10-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I posted in your other thread, but we were happy with the BJCMD we own. How much more is the Classic? Our kids are small two year olds, so with the added weight, a classic might be nice. Keep in mind, you'll be keeping it in your room, so you might want the smaller BJCMD. (I'm a big help!)

It's actually less than I thought. It's only $10 more for the Classic (unless I missed some hidden cost, and that's with insurance). It's bigger and heavier, but I think we'll be fine getting it in and out of the van. We'll be in a 2 or 3 bedroom condo so space isn't an issue, or we could leave it in the car (unless there's a rule saying it has to be in your room). I'm thinking the Classic double might be the way to go. I thought the price difference was a lot more between the companies, and Magic only offers the BJCMs, no classics.

lhafer
10-12-2010, 03:57 AM
I have a Classic single and Mini single. I prefer the Classic for outdoor activities (including walks around the neighborhood (and we have even, smooth sidewalks) and the zoo). Because it has air tires it's going to be heavier and bulkier - but still has the awesome BJ fold!!! I love my Mini and use it almost daily. It stays in my car. It's my errand running stroller - great for malls, and other inside stuff. I can just tell a pretty big difference in the ride between the 2.

Even though the Mini is smaller and lighter than my Classic, I plan on bringing my Classic with me to Disney. It's my work horse stroller. I can load it down with bags, kids, etc and it still is easy to push and steer.

I would probably vote for the Classic just because of the air tires since you will have your own car and not have to deal with the buses. BUT you can't go wrong with either stroller really. I have a 4.5 year old who's ~41 inches and she fits really well in either stroller.

Oh, if it's important to you - the Classic has an adjustable height handlebar, the City Mini is a fixed handlebar.

In case you aren't familiar with Baby Jogger strollers, check this out:
Baby Gizmo review of the BJCMD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwe-20APvr4
A Review of the Classic double for size/fold comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJbLPNmPqCs&feature=related

WatchingThemGrow
10-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Funny, but I'm also in that same boat. We have both the Elite double and the Mini double, and we're trying to figure out which to take, lol. We need to discuss more, but I lean toward the Elite and he toward the Mini. Since we aren't doing buses much, I'm thinking Elite. The Mini gets heavy to push with my 4.5yo. but our almost 3yo weighs almost the same as our 1.5 yo. If he were heavier, it would be no question.

TwinFoxes
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Funny, but I'm also in that same boat. We have both the Elite double and the Mini double, and we're trying to figure out which to take, lol. We need to discuss more, but I lean toward the Elite and he toward the Mini. Since we aren't doing buses much, I'm thinking Elite. The Mini gets heavy to push with my 4.5yo. but our almost 3yo weighs almost the same as our 1.5 yo. If he were heavier, it would be no question.

I would take the Elite, especially if you have a long stay planned. That's a lot of pushing, and since you already have it you might as well take advantage of those air tires! You also could probably keep it in the car, so the added bulkiness wouldn't bug you in your room. With our two 2 year olds we needed it as a containment device getting them to and from our room at BWV, so our BJCMD sat in the foyer of our suite.

LarsMal
10-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, hopefully the BJCMD will be okay because there weren't any Classics available- boo! I ended up renting through Magic Strollers because it was cheaper than OSR. I always wanted a Baby Jogger, but never could convince DH to get one (I can probably count on my fingers and toes how many times I've used a double stroller). I don't know if I'm more excited for Disney or the opportunity to use the stroller for a week!!!

lhafer
10-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Bummer there were no classics available - but the mini double should serve you well. Let us know how it goes!!