PDA

View Full Version : This one is a doosy and TMI, but I need the help

MamaSnoo
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
So, I had some serious period issues at work last week. I was changing pads every 2 hr, and still had an "accident" at the end of the day on Friday. It was a pretty big spot on my desk chair seat (orange fabric office furniture chair.....gorgeous, I know).

I tried to dab out what I could with a cloth and cold water, and thought it was not too bad when I left for the evening. Today, it has dried, and looks AWFUL. The stain is still there and the fabic faded some where I was trying to clean it with the cold water.

Any ideas for cleaning? Anyone ever seen a seat cover for a office chair? I really do not want to have to buy a new chair, and I do not think that my boss is going to be willing to foot the bill either.

I could sew a doily on it! :hysterical:

KrisM
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Can you stratigically spill red Kool-Aid on it tomorrow?

Sorry. No real ideas.

DietCokeLover
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Have you tried OxyClean?

crl
10-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Hmm, how about hydrogen peroxide? And do the whole thing so it all fades. . . .

Catherine

DrSally
10-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Could you bring in some woolite carpet cleaner. Spray, blot, and rinse with cool water.

Wife_and_mommy
10-11-2010, 11:23 PM
I would take a bottle or two of hydrogen peroxide for the blood stain.

After that, is there a similar chair somewhere else you could swap it with?

ThreeofUs
10-12-2010, 08:01 AM
I'd just pour fizzy water on it upright and blot a LOT (esp if it's a larger stain).

BabbyO
10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Wow...I thought it was only me. I had the same issue last month, only changing more frequently, and my stain was smaller.

I'd recommend peroxide (thats what got my stain out), but if cold water is making the spot lighter, the proxide will too. However, peroxide has always been my go to for blood stains (my nurse aunt recommended it to me).

Anyway, my favorite recommendation is the chair swap.

Good luck!

robinsmommy
10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Whatever you do, test it first - if it faded just with water, I'm a bit worried about peroxide, though that usually is what I would use for blood....

Is there some kind of not-too-unhealthy dry spot remover that could work? Like one of those laundry pens (not the pretreating or bleach ones, the ones intended for oops-at- work situations).

Test in a less visible area and let it dry completely first to check for color change, though. Is there one of those labels on the underside with cleaning instructions?

MacMacMoo
10-14-2010, 12:09 AM
happened to me in my car once. I used spot shot and it worked like a charm.

MamaSnoo
10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks to Sally for the carpet cleaner rec! My chair looks great and Sally gets the Kudo of the Day!

It is amazing, really. the part that looked faded before is actually looking better now after the carpet cleaner. Now the whole thing just looks like a somewhat dingy old desk chair (which is what it was).

Thanks!