PDA

View Full Version : are Duplos and Megablocks compatible?

doberbrat
10-11-2010, 11:34 PM
My friend has duplos for her dd and I bought her a megablock set - she seems to think they'll work. our other friend says no...

TIA!

alien_host
10-11-2010, 11:39 PM
They are not compatible...they won't fit together, you could play side by side but can't fit them together.

Lego and Duplo are compatible as Legos can fit on top of Duplos.

KrisM
10-11-2010, 11:45 PM
If you have the same sized blocks, they will work. Megabloks makes a miniblok that matches with Duplo. Our collection includes both brands and while they do look different, they do work together just fine.

alien_host
10-12-2010, 12:09 AM
If you have the same sized blocks, they will work. Megabloks makes a miniblok that matches with Duplo. Our collection includes both brands and while they do look different, they do work together just fine.
That is interesting, I was thinking of the ones with the big "knobs" on top that come in a bag...I never thought to check the other ones (we have some Cars ones).

KrisM
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
That is interesting, I was thinking of the ones with the big "knobs" on top that come in a bag...I never thought to check the other ones (we have some Cars ones).

Yeah, if you buy something used that look like Duplo, read what's on the block. Some are Duplo and some are not. The little pegs are different heights, but they do work together. We have a big tub of mixed blocks that I bought cheap and I didn't notice there were 2 types at first.

sansdieu
10-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I have some hand-me-down Megablocks (and a small base plate), which work perfectly with DD's new Duplos. The blocks look virtually identical (there are minor visual, but not structural differences; Duplos are shinier, e.g.). But they fit perfectly, in fact DD couldn't tell them apart.

Not sure how old those Megablocks are though...