PDA

View Full Version : ergo question, am I doing this correctly?

jbbhb
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello, my baby is almost 3 months old and I have only used my ergo a handful of times. I used it for about 20 minutes today while doing some housework and my back began to hurt. I just want to see if you all think I am wearing it correctly on my back and I just need to get used to it, or if I don't have the straps positioned correctly. I have attached a pic I took of myself in the mirror, please excuse the jammies :)

Thank you so much for any advice you might have.

lhafer
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Were you doing a lot of bending over when you were cleaning? Like were you sweeping/cleaning the floor, doing dishes, etc? Bending over repeatedly with extra weigh on the front will make your back hurt no matter what carrier you are wearing.

Have you worn it while just walking around? Say, taken a stroll around the block or the mall with it on? If so, did it hurt your back then? If you haven't tried it, might want to try that for a while and kind of get your body used to the weight positioning of the baby in the carrier.

jbbhb
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Now that you mention it, yes, I was folding laundry and putting it away, which did require quite a bit of bending.

Now that I think about the times that I have used the ergo, the only time I was comfortable was when I used it to walk into a sporting event, I walked for almost 30 minutes straight with him in it and was very comfortable. hmmm.... I guess I'll have to go for more walks to get myself used to the weight.

Thanks so much for the input, I wasn't able to find any info online regarding the correct placement of the straps on the back.