PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a soft almond roca recipe?

MommyAllison
10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I used to order from an online confectioner who made the most amazing almond roca that was soft (not as soft as caramel, it still looked hard until you bit into it). Seriously, seriously amazing stuff, and responsible for much of my pregnancy weight gain with DS. ;) She closed up shop, and I'd love to be able to recreate it at home. Anybody have a recipe, pretty please? Googling just brings up the "soft butter" part of regular almond roca recipes. Thanks!

nrp
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know much about candy making, but you might try adapting a traditional almond roca recipe by taking it off the heat before it hits the target temperature (hard ball, right?). Maybe soft ball stage? I'm sure you could google the appropriate temperatures.

etaylor75
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree with not letting the temp go too high - the following recipe says if you don't go to 290 degrees, you'll get chewy almond roca :) A little trial and error and I'm sure you'd get it right!

http://community.cookinglight.com/archive/index.php/t-15674.html

Erin

MommyAllison
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you both! I wondered if that was how she did it. I will post back with my results. :)