PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for buck for bulk shoe boxes?

skohng
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Sorry for the mouthful there. I'm looking for shoe boxes (or similar ) in bulk to organize legos, play food, hot wheels, etc. Any recs for sturdy clear boxes in bulk? I saw some at costco and know that the container store sells in bulk, but not sure if I'm missing any other brands or deals. Thanks!

Btw these would be fitting in ikea expedite cubes. I use the itso fabric bins but they are too big for some things, like art supplies.

amldaley
10-12-2010, 11:53 PM
They are not the cheapest, but they are EXCELLENT quality....Container Store clear storage boxes. I have them all over my house in every size. And they do sell them by the case.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/shoeStorage/shelf?productId=10001753&green=11822465307

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/storage/storageBoxes/plastic?productId=10000166&green=11822465307

The lids are totally clear, so they go with everything and you can see everything. They are a great quality that does not scratch, marr or cloud easily, so they stay great looking for years. They stack beautifully. They are break-resistant (not break proof, but if one does break, they will exchange it for you).

I just can't say enough about these boxes. We have a whole wall of shelves in our office/bonus room filled with these, they are in every bedroom closet, the garage and my linen closet. I also use them in my vanity drawers for make-up, etc.

jvs195
10-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Another vote for the container store ones. I have every type known and they are by far the most durable and easy to use. You should measure the expedit opening though because the shoe boxes don't fit side by side in them, but there might be another size that does.

o_mom
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Menards had the Sterlite ones with white lids for a great price. It was a bulk pack of 6 or 9. I don't remember the exact price, but it seemed pretty good. I had just bought the Costco ones, and remember thinking that was a better deal. I have no idea how they fit in the Expedit, though.

PMJ
10-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Don't know how sturdy these are, but have you tried the Dollar Store. They have tons of baskets, etc and containers w/lids like you are looking for.

jgenie
10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Another vote for the Container Store - look online for a code.

skohng
10-13-2010, 05:44 PM
They are not the cheapest, but they are EXCELLENT quality....Container Store clear storage boxes. I have them all over my house in every size. And they do sell them by the case.

The lids are totally clear, so they go with everything and you can see everything. They are a great quality that does not scratch, marr or cloud easily, so they stay great looking for years. They stack beautifully. They are break-resistant (not break proof, but if one does break, they will exchange it for you).

they'll exchange broken ones???? ok I'm sold. I'm sure Oprah will finagle another Container Store coupon for the holidays, no?

What's the most versatile size? the regular or the "men" size?

tiapam
10-14-2010, 11:47 AM
they'll exchange broken ones???? ok I'm sold. I'm sure Oprah will finagle another Container Store coupon for the holidays, no?

What's the most versatile size? the regular or the "men" size?

I have a lot for shoes and am going to get a case and start throwing DC's stuff in them. We have a typical bookcase and the regular ones fit in there nicely. So I am going to get the regular. I think the men's size will be more than you need for a lot of things. Although it may make better use of the space in an Expedit.

sansdieu
10-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Our Costco has a big cardboard box full of clear plastic shoe boxes, 10 or so. Can't remember the exact price, but they are very cheap. Maybe a $1 or $2 per box? The quality is excellent.

amldaley
11-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Just revisting this post! The shoe boxes by the case are on sale via the website right now for $29.80 for 20. There is also a free shipping coupon available at retailmenot.com (I have not tested to see if it works)

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10001753&N=&Ntt=shoe+box

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/containerstore.com

wimama
11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I just wanted to give yet another thumbs up to the Container store Shoe boxes. Love them!