PDA

View Full Version : Need a non-slip surface

charmcitymom
10-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I got DS a Little Tikes climbing and slide toy for outside but now I want to bring it inside so he can use it while it's gets cold outside. The problem is I don't know where to put it since our basement has tile which would of course let the toy slide all over the place. Can anyone suggest a reasonably large surface I could put down so it won't slip? The only thing I can think of right now is a yoga mat but I'd have to get several of those and that seems impractical.

Thanks for help!

Smillow
10-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Costco has those puzzle piece foam floor mats (I've only seen them in grey, though) for less than $12 for I think 8 or 9 of them (2' X 2' each). I have also seen them at Big Lots. Big LOts also has a large one piece mat made of them same stuf. The Big Lots ones are also grey. The more colorful kids versiond are around (I know I have seen them at Lowe's) but more $$. HTH!

charmcitymom
10-13-2010, 09:16 AM
I have some one those puzzle-piece foam pads but they are quite slippery. I got these for DS when he was smaller and kept on tipping over when he was trying to sit. Is there a specific brand that is not slippery?

thanks!

jvs195
10-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Could you attach (glue?) non stick rug pad or shelf liner to the actual toy to keep it from slipping?

Also we have the grey pads (they're sold for garages so hardware/Sears/Improvements) has them. I have them in my laundry room which is concrete and no slipping.

BabbyO
10-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I have the grey ones, too for the laundry room. The only time we have slipping problems is if water is spilled on the mat and I'm barefoot...

Tondi G
10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
I would use the puzzle foam floor mats... it is a good idea to have something to cushion their fall in case they fall from the structure.... tile is quite unforgiving.

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1226&related=true

charmcitymom
10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to see what I can find this weekend. I'll report back on what works best in our basement.

Thanks again!