PDA

View Full Version : Pears, apples, hard fruit.? for 1 yr old

PMJ
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
How do I get DD who is 1 yr old (w/out ANY teeth) to eat apples, pears and other hard fruit?

The only thing I can think of is blending these fruits. Could I mix the blended portions w/ some yogurt? hmmmm

Thanks!

jgenie
10-13-2010, 02:08 PM
How do I get DD who is 1 yr old (w/out ANY teeth) to eat apples, pears and other hard fruit?

The only thing I can think of is blending these fruits. Could I mix the blended portions w/ some yogurt? hmmmm

Thanks!

Have you tried grating them?

Momof3Labs
10-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Slicing in paper thin slices or grating. We don't do many apples around here with the girls, but pretty much every other fruit. A ripe pear is actually fairly soft so thin slices would work okay. Probably peel it though - the peel can be harder for them to work through.

KHF
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Peel and steam them. That's how I did it for DD. She was a late teether, no teeth at all till right at her first birthday. DS was the opposite and had a ton of teeth by his first birthday.

I would peel and chunk up apples, then just steam them until they were a bit soft. Then cut them up into small cubes for her. We did this for apples, pears, potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash...and anything else that was too hard on its own.

DebbieJ
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
ripe pears are super soft. Just make sure to peel them.

BabbyO
10-13-2010, 02:53 PM
We gave DS both before he had any teeth and he didn't have any trouble with them. We did peel them, though. We also gave him steak, chicken, and pretty much anything we ate before he had teeth. We're a BLW family. Those gums are pretty amazing at breaking down food.

SnuggleBuggles
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
One of those mesh infant feeders.

Beth

JBaxter
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Peel and slice in thin wedges. Pears are very soft when ripe.

BabyBearsMom
10-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Beth

:yeahthat:

♥ms.pacman♥
10-13-2010, 04:18 PM

Beth

:yeahthat: this is what i do for DS. he loves eating apples this way.

peanut520
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
dd had no teeth until 13mo so we did a lot of roasted fruits and veggies for her. i just cut the fruit/veggie into small cube and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until soft when squished between my fingers.

Katigre
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Let the pears get super ripe - they will mush up in her mouth without any teeth.

Steam or grate the apples (and perhaps peel the skin too - that tends to gag younger babies).