PDA

View Full Version : Electric train recommendation

mommylamb
10-13-2010, 04:33 PM
I was thinking about getting DS an electric train set for Hanukkah (maybe, still undecided). Does anyone have any recommendations that aren't super expensive?

this just goes to show what a terrible Jew I am because I was thinking it would be good to get him for Hanukkah so that we could put it at the base of the Christmas tree:hysterical: We're an equal opportunity gift holiday family.

SnuggleBuggles
10-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd get Geotrax. They are more kid friendly than traditional electric trains. And they look really cute around the Christmas tree. :)

Beth

Dream
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I myself have been thinking about getting an electric train set to include in the Christmas village that I'm hoping to create for the first time. Would love to see others response. I definitely want an electric. I've seen some basic sets available online.

And I'm a buddhist, its not my holiday but I really enjoy the Christmas season.

Oh.. and this is mostly for myself, DD's only 2 still.;)

larig
10-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I was thinking about getting DS an electric train set for Hanukkah (maybe, still undecided). Does anyone have any recommendations that aren't super expensive?

this just goes to show what a terrible Jew I am because I was thinking it would be good to get him for Hanukkah so that we could put it at the base of the Christmas tree:hysterical: We're an equal opportunity gift holiday family.

:ROTFLMAO: You are too funny.

kristac
10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
How old is your DS? Granddaddy gave DS1 a G-gauge circus set when he was 3 ( I put it away- he never saw it.) We tried taking it out for a bit just recently at almost 6. He was supervised and incredibly gently and still managed to break quite a few little pieces off of it. Most of those sets just are not made for children to play with, they are adult show pieces. Definately look for a set with appropriate age ratings.

I have seen a battery powered Lionel set similar to GeoTrax. There was also a Polar Express set at Target last year I believe. Again GeoTrax-esk. Speaking of- the big set of GeoTrax this year is a Christmas themed set- would be great under a tree (though not sure it would be a good Hanukkah gift). http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4049879

Personally I am eyeing the new Tomica sets at TRU with interest, though we are a GeoTrax family...
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=tomica&origkw=tomica&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1