PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one with a pack and play full of carp in my house?

tiapam
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Just wondering. I have had one upstairs in the hall for what feels like forever. It has wheels so we were using it as a baby gate at the top of the stairs. So of course it was convenient for keeping things out of DS's hands, too. Things like returns (which then don't get returned because they are buried in the PNP. I moved it into our room recently for a party, so I am really motivated to empty it, fold it up and put it in the closet. I had another one, not very full, in the basement and I finally took care of that one.

Anyone else?

ThreeofUs
10-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, this was me, too. We had our pnp by the door we use most often, and it would quickly fill with swim bags, sports bags, returns, etc. I just took it down and am looking for a set of shelves (like a baker's rack) that would allow all this carp to be usefully stored.

MrsZaz
10-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Sorry but I had to laugh....I seriously thought you had carp (fish) in your pnp.

Mommy brain strikes again... I gave my pnp away as soon as I was done for this very reason.
Colleen

edurnemk
10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh, yeah, our PNP became one huge toy bin in our living room when DS was younger. At the end of the day I'd just throw in everything that was laying around the area, because I was too tired to do real clean-up and actually put the toys in their bins in DS's room.

Until it got ridiculous to have the PNP out for a toddler who was too big to use it. I got a nice big basket at Target to take it's place.

longtallsally05
10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh yes, our PNP is in the living room serving three purposes:

primary function: keeps DS from acessing the power strip that turns on/off our ATT Uverse receiver & TV

secondary function: toy box

teriary function: occasional time-out pen.

It has been quite a while since we used the PNP for its original purpose!

LMPC
10-14-2010, 02:59 PM
OMG, I'm glad this wasn't posted when we kept our PnP out all the time. I totally would have used it for storage!!! As it is now, we only use it on trips. ;)

Indianamom2
10-14-2010, 08:25 PM
This is the reason I finally took it down and put it away, only to be used if we travel (which is rare).

I quite honestly need absolutely positively nothing else in which/on which/under which/etc... things can be piled. Apparently I can't be trusted with flat surfaces.

frgsnlzrds
10-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Right there with you. I think mine was used more for holding stuff I didn't want the kids to get to than holding the kids! Once we finally got rid of it, I didn't miss it at all and it was a relief to not have this messy place in my living room.

(Well, except when the mess is all over the floor. LOL)